L3800 with FEL and TBH attachment

/ L3800 with FEL and TBH attachment #1  

KubotaGlocker

Tractor
Kubota L3940
Hello all, I am considering an L3800 with a FEL and back-hoe attachment. I have a few question for you that might have experience with this machine.

1. What do you think about that combination in general?
2. Is it a big enough machine to be pretty useful around a farm?
3. Is the hydraulic pump big enough to work the hoe at a good speed - or is it slow?
4. How difficult is it to remove the back- hoe attachment and mount a rotary cutter?
5. What would a one year old machine with less than 20 hours and in good condition be worth?

I have an L3940 already - but this tractor would be for another location.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Keefer

/ L3800 with FEL and TBH attachment #2  
I have an L3700, FEL but no backhoe. I've found it to be a well balanced machine for road and rotary cutter work with more than adequate power for all my tasks. The 3700/3800 are first cousins. The easiest answer to hydraulics is to spec. the pump delivery on the tractor and the required flow for the hoe. If they match, you should be fine. The 3700 main pump delivers 6.3 GPM @ 2277 PSI. I'm also assuming you could test the unit you are thinking of purchasing.

With no experience at mounting/dis-mounting a hoe I can't give a definitive answer other than to say that if it's a frame mount, the 3PT arms would have to go off/go on, pins, hoses, etc. (If I'm wrong on the 3PT someone please correct) I would probably not want to do this weekly but mounting the hoe for a series of tasks, once in a while probably wouldn't be too bad?

The FEL (LA463) on my tractor is strong and although the tractor only weighs 2,568 with ROPS, minus FEL, minus Loaded Rears, it should work fine for general backhoe work in reasonable soil. I have more hours on track hoes and rubber tire hoes than I wish to recall but as long as you don't expect a utility tractor to match the performance of a dedicated hoe weighing three to four times the 3800, it should be a good tool.

/ L3800 with FEL and TBH attachment #3  
I have a back how bh90 easy to take off 3 minutes. But then you have to install entire 3 point hitch again pain in the butt. So 1/2 hour to put hitch on. But we do it. Mark