Loader L3650 slow curl on FEL

/ L3650 slow curl on FEL #1  

Cooperc

Tractor
Kubota l3650
I have I think a 1992 Kubota l3650
The three point operates normal all the front end loader controls work normal
Except the curl it is extremely slow if you rev the tractor it goes alittle faster but not much
I switched the dump and the curl hydraulic lines and that did make the curl operate normal
Any help or ideas would be appreciated
I have changed fluid and filters about 15 hours ago
Thank you all

Last edited:
   / L3650 slow curl on FEL #2  
Not 100% sure on a 50 series... But most modern machines have regen dump. 60 series Grands have a 4 stage (regen dump then power dump) curl spool, economy Kubotas & many others only have a 3 stage spool with only regen dump.

Regen dump applies full hydraulic pressure to both sides of a cylinder. As the cylinder end of the piston has more surface area than the rod end of the piston, it wins that fight. The cylinder will extend. As the 2 sides of the cylinder are connected, the extra fluid makes it extend faster. The fact the rod end is fighting the cylinder end makes it weaker. As gravity is helping dump the bucket, power isn't a problem. Keeping both sides of the cylinder pressurized when gravity is pulling the bucket over center means it can't suck in air through worn rod seals. That prevents floppy bucket syndrome.

That's on the dump side of the curcuit, not the curl side though. On 40 & 60 series Grands moving the stick a little to the right puts it in regen or fast dump mode. Moving it all the way to the right is power (but slow) dump.

If you swapped lift & curl with good results, it sounds like the lines are clear before & after your loader valve. That leaves either having things hooked up wrong & running regen weirdness or an obstruction in the valve or intermittent obstruction in the QD.

/ L3650 slow curl on FEL #3  
It's not polite to post two threads within a few minutes in different locations addressing an issue.

Everyone ends up chasing their tails trying to help you.

Welcome to TBN.

/ L3650 slow curl on FEL
**** I didn’t know I’m just looking for help took me three hours to figure this app out when I posted the first the app shut off and I wasn’t sure it loaded then came across the hydraulic section and thought maybe it would be better there