Price Check L2850 ~1300hrs... (exact year unknown) price check / implements?

/ L2850 ~1300hrs... (exact year unknown) price check / implements? #1  

dhurley737

Tractor
2019 Kubota BX23S - Loaded
Hi Guys~

About to pull the trigger on an L2850 from a close family friend. They are the original owners and it hasn't been used much at all the last 15+ years (but it has been serviced regularly by the original dealer). The tractor is fairly "bare" outside of a 72" mower deck under the belly and a tow-bar hooked up to the rear 3pt. The tractor is 4WD, has the GST, and it only has around 1,300 hours. I hooked up a battery charger to it last week and sure enough it turned over first try (and it sounded amazing by the way).

"The Book" has it around $3,500 and I'm fairly sure that's a pretty good price. I did NOT pull it out to test GST / 4WD but have been told it was fine last Summer when it was driven out to be serviced (absolutely zero reason to doubt this). My questions:

1) I'm thinking $3,500 is a good price. Do you guys agree? I have a new LOADED BX23S now and it's great for all sorts of projects around the property, but this would be great for towing around the trailers / boat / etc. It's a tractor that's nearly 30 years old and does NOT have a loader, backhoe, or any other implements outside the 72" mower deck. I don't view tractors like I do classic cars. Although it's in great shape, it certainly won't appreciate over time.

2) In regards to implements, I'm thinking this would be ideal for the brush hog instead of the BX23S. While the BX will do well, this would just be a bigger, better, more HP machine to clear the overgrown down from Spring thru Fall. Assuming it would be fairly easy to rig a rear-mounted brush hog for this?

Thanks in advance-

DH

/ L2850 ~1300hrs... (exact year unknown) price check / implements? #2  
For the money you could always sell it and make a few thousand.

/ L2850 ~1300hrs... (exact year unknown) price check / implements? #3  
That's fair deal matter fact in my area 5-6K would be real good deal.
If tractor has 3 point hitch should be no problem hooking up brush hog.