Loader L2502 loader valve sticky.

/ L2502 loader valve sticky. #1  

Green Acres Homestead

Veteran Member
NewBrunswick & Nova Scotia www.lostcaper.com
Tractor
Kubota L4740 sold now have a new L2502 as off Jan 2023
Brand new L2502 tractor but the loader valve is sticky. I pulled back to raise the bucket a bit then let it go expecting it to stop but it kept going up until I wiggled the joy stick. This keeps happening.

I wonder will this break in after some use or should it be replaced. Also kind of hard to push so a it hard to be accurate with the bucket. It’s no fun to use.

/ L2502 loader valve sticky. #2  
Is this the 3rd tractor with problems?

/ L2502 loader valve sticky. #4  
Green acres
Is joystick mounted directly to the directional control valve or is the joystick remote from valve?

If direct mounted can you carefully slide the rubber boot off the valve exposing the joystick linkage. This linkage will have several ball or swivel type joints that may require lubrication to free them up.

If remote mounted then there are two push/pull style cables that are possibly binding some where.

Either way new should be warranty call to dealer unless they are a long ways away from you.

/ L2502 loader valve sticky. #5  
If it's brand new and not right it's a dealer problem, not yours. If you do anything to fix it the dealer may be able to void the warranty on the loader.

/ L2502 loader valve sticky.
The service manage was skidooing out past my place. He just stopped in to fix my loader. I already had it fixed but it was some nice of him to stop in after a long day of skidooing.

The fix….My loader was sticking and the loader would go up in the air unnoticed to me if I was looking back in reverse. Made a turn on a slope and damn near flipped. I was able to drop the loader when i on two wheels and it came back on all four wheels. I said I have to fix this loader now. My customer and I took a look and loosened the linkage at the joy stick mount. It now works perfect.

Dan the service guy is on the ball to come over and fix the problems. All the problems I had were easy fixes and the dealer sure did come quickly to fix every problem. So yeah I haven given up on kubota product or my dealership just yet. Hopefully I got all the bugs out.

/ L2502 loader valve sticky. #7  
"If direct mounted can you carefully slide the rubber boot off the valve exposing the joystick linkage. This linkage will have several ball or swivel type joints that may require lubrication to free them up."

This is prob the case. It happened on my Kubota as well with very low hours, very easy fix. just pull the boot up and spray some lube in those ball joints.