L2250 Kubota 3 point hitch cannot lift any weight

/ L2250 Kubota 3 point hitch cannot lift any weight #1  

djs l2250

Tractor
l2250 Kubota
My 3 point hitch cannot lift any weight? It will lift it's own arms without any weight but if you only put your foot on it, it will stop lifting. The bucket wor
20230221_132340.jpeg
ks fine on the front. Here's what I have done so far: I checked the hydraulic pressure at the controls for the FEL and it was right at specs. 2300 lbs, I removed the hydraulic delivery tube to the three point and checked for flow-it looked good. I removed the 3point cylinder cover and checked for mechanical function, everything seems to be connected and functioning properly. I
20230221_132355.jpeg
Removed and checked the Assm control valve, cleaned it and replaced all 0rings, reset to original settings. I pulled the 3pt decent valve--all looked good and this works correctly--will control arm decent speed and stop it. I replaced the 3pt cylinder 0ring -- the piston cylinder looked great. I checked the feedback lever for function and adjustments. I pulled the control (safety pressure relief valve) cleaned it and checked mechanical function, Has minor rust in the bottom of the valve cylinder, cleaned and reassembled. I just ordered a new spring and 0rings for this relief valve and installed them. It is full of Hydraulic fluid and I just recently replaced it and the filter.

/ L2250 Kubota 3 point hitch cannot lift any weight #2  
If you have your 3pt arms up and then stand on them, do they hold your weight?

/ L2250 Kubota 3 point hitch cannot lift any weight #3  
Where is your "down" speed adjustment set? some folks on here reported similar behavior if it was set all the way to the stop (can't remember if for fast down or no down)

/ L2250 Kubota 3 point hitch cannot lift any weight #4  
Does it go down like it should? Did it go past the stop on the up and down lever? Mine has a float on it. Mine didn't want to go down right till I figured it was the stop adjustment.

/ L2250 Kubota 3 point hitch cannot lift any weight
If you have your 3pt arms up and then stand on them, do they hold your weight?
Yes, they will hold weight at any height, once lifted.

Does it go down like it should? Did it go past the stop on the up and down lever? Mine has a float on it. Mine didn't want to go down right till I figured it was the stop adjustment.
Goes down fine. Holds weight fine, just won't lift any weight?

Where is your "down" speed adjustment set? some folks on here reported similar behavior if it was set all the way to the stop (can't remember if for fast down or no down)
Found out down speed has nothing to do with lift. Unless it is "locked" in at a certain point. I have tried with the down adjustment all the way open and closed, no difference on the lift capacity.

Any suggestions?

/ L2250 Kubota 3 point hitch cannot lift any weight #10  
You said you tested for Flow at the PTO, how about pressure at the lift cylinder? I'm wondering if there is a separate relief valve for the front & rear (if you buy with no loader), & either it needs to be replaced or it backed off from vibration/use & just needs adjustment. You said level's good, so no leak. unless the control valve is messed up & sending all (most of) the fluid back to tank. Definitely sounds like a pressure problem when the control valve is open.

Last edited: