L series w/cab & bh ?

/ L series w/cab & bh ? #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
Carver's site says "3pt hitch mounted bh shouldn't be considered with the L series cab's, the bh seat will not have ample clearance and space for operator safety".

I don't notice any mention of a subframe mounted...so, can you put a subframe bh on an L series w/cab?

Would you WANT to if you could?

Would you rather have a L4310 w/BIG michelins and intact loader, or 4610 w/BIG michelins and "customized" loader (modified as per RichH's) , or 4610 w/"regular" tires and unmodified loader.

Been wondering about that and like the idea of NOT customizing the loader (figuring they built it that way for a reason) AND having the big tires which seems to preclude considerations for the 4610.

Richard

/ L series w/cab & bh ? #2  
Yes you can put a frame mount hoe with a cab on a L-series and myself thats what I would go with. The three point can be dangerous and also requires constant adjustments to ensure tightness. I can see myself bending or breaking something with the three point.

I have to say a cab could get in the way when using the hoe you have to dismount to move or adjust the steering wheel when using the hoe. But everything has it's down side. To answer your question--yes.

I would not only like but LOVE to have the Michelins on either tractor--this is from someone who wants a set so bad but my pocketbook won't allow it right now.

But I'm going with the L4310 because of price. But if you have a good welder do the work on the L4610 it could be much stronger than from the factory. To me cutting and welding is not uncommon so I could take it in stride. While other people may not have the heart to do this to a new tractor. But as long as it's quality work and Rich's pictures appear that he had a quality job done that's what counts./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon