L-series air conditioning update

/ L-series air conditioning update #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
I thought I would post an update on the air conditioning situation on the L series cab model Kubota's:

I returned the questionnaire that Kubota sent me, detailing my modifications to the cooling system as well as the added shrouding in front of the radiator.

I also made my dealer aware of what i had done.

Last week, I received a call from Kubota Tractor in Torrance California. I spent some time on the telephone with a design engineer, explaining what effect my modifications caused in improving the air conditioners ability to cool the cab.

The engineer told me that Kubota was experiencing trouble with the a.c. unit's ability to keep the cabin cool in hot weather conditions.

The engineer also told me that Kubota was moving the oil cooler farther toward the grille in an attempt to allow more cool air to flow through the a.c. evaporator or condenser or whatever.

The engineering department was very impressed with my modifications as well as the ball type shutoff valve in the hot water feed line.

As of that time, the American Engineering department was going to contact the parent factory in Japan to discuss my modifications and consider a similar factory modification or retrofit to eliminate the air conditioner problem.

I might add that in light of Kubota's stance on non-factory modifications voiding the Kubota warranty, the factory engineers felt that my modofication would, in no way jepordize my warranty. It is my understanding that modifications not authorized by Kubota Tractor Corporation may indeed, void the factory warranty.

/ L-series air conditioning update
There is a sister post to this thread under "owning and operating"

/ L-series air conditioning update #3  
I find this interesting because when I talked to the Kubota Tech reps in GA and told them about the problem of the mid PTO shaft coming off on the BX tractors, and how someone made a shield that surrounded the oil filter on the hydro that was always wiped out when the shaft came off, he said that if it wasn't designed in Japan, that it wouldn't even be considered. I guess that the degree of the problem that makes them sit up and take notice. Shaft falls off and wipes out a $18 filter, no big deal. A bunch of Kubota owners getting hot under the collar because the A/C isn't working properly.... IT IS A BIG DEAL!!!!!!! Wonder if they will pay you royalties for your design if they use it????