Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #1  

oldnslo

Tractor
Branson 2400H, JD X540
Did anyone else get a recall letter for their 2400, 2510 or 2610 about an emissions recall? I am curious since letter I received states not getting work done could be considered improper maintenance which I suspect could effect warranty. Mine is out of warranty so not a big concern.
States will replace injectors, fork lever, and governor spring. I can understand injector having some influence on emissions but would sluggish governor allow lugging which could also affect emissions.

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #2  
I've read about that on the TYM Facebook group as it affect the T264 that used the Kukje engine as well. Some dealers there said it won't affect warranty if the recall is not done.

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #3  
Hmm, is the engine running too rich (too much fuel) and smoking? They're all 25hp and under, so no DOC/DPF filters.

Is it all of those model tractors, or was it a certain run of serial numbers?

That seems like it would be a lot of tractors.

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #4  
I would let them do the recall if it was me. There must be a potential problem that this may help avoid.

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #5  
Here is a recall letter from the TYM group. Either the engine is outputting more HP that advertised and therefore emissions or EPA has just too much free time and decided to pick on a small 25hp engine that in most cases works like 100 to 300 hours a year.

186482643_10219089300093937_8782154603969919540_n.jpg

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #6  
Thanks ptsg for posting the letter. After reading that, I believe I would not be getting that recall done.

I wonder how this stuff ever comes to their attention?

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall
I have asked my dealer if he can supply more details on what the problem is and why injectors are being changed. Poor spray pattern, wanting them to run leaner, etc. only time I see black smoke is when it is working hard, real hard especially on PTO work.

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #9  
so ill tell you what was explained to me by Branson about this "recall" what it basically boils down to is EPA interference, someone or some company reported that branson was not following epa emission guidelines on some of their recent runs of 2400/10 models, so Branson apparently used oversized injectors this means the tractors supposedly being sold as 24hp, and 25hp respectively were actually outputting 26/27 hp for the 00 series, and 28/29 hp for the 10 series which puts them out of line for a tractor to have no emissions standards, so The EPA contacted branson and told them to fix the problem by offering an option Recall service which would entail installing smaller injectors and more restricting governor spring and throttle plate to reduce the overall hp from the engine back down to 23.5/24hp.

For me i have been advising my customer to only have this done if they want to actually do it as it is completely optional and this will not hurt the tractor to not have it done, however the letter is intentionally misleading as the EPA wants it to be, i spoke with the Head of the warranty department form Branson an no point will this reduce or remove a warranty period from the customers tractor if they choose not to have this optional service done to their equipment.

i hope this clears some things up about this "recall"

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #10  
so ill tell you what was explained to me by Branson about this "recall" what it basically boils down to is EPA interference, someone or some company reported that branson was not following epa emission guidelines on some of their recent runs of 2400/10 models, so Branson apparently used oversized injectors this means the tractors supposedly being sold as 24hp, and 25hp respectively were actually outputting 26/27 hp for the 00 series, and 28/29 hp for the 10 series which puts them out of line for a tractor to have no emissions standards, so The EPA contacted branson and told them to fix the problem by offering an option Recall service which would entail installing smaller injectors and more restricting governor spring and throttle plate to reduce the overall hp from the engine back down to 23.5/24hp.

For me i have been advising my customer to only have this done if they want to actually do it as it is completely optional and this will not hurt the tractor to not have it done, however the letter is intentionally misleading as the EPA wants it to be, i spoke with the Head of the warranty department form Branson an no point will this reduce or remove a warranty period from the customers tractor if they choose not to have this optional service done to their equipment.

i hope this clears some things up about this "recall"
Asteral,
Thank you for the info , I ‘m not real knowledgeable on Diesel engines but is the procedure mean they de-tune the engine which I have read some guys discussing, thanks ,Dan