Kubota's toughest job so far...

/ Kubota's toughest job so far... #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
I came home from work tonight and my old Border Collie wasn't there to greet me at my car door like she had been for 16 years. She'd missed a few times before but not many so I didn't give it too much thought. After dinner she wasn't there to get any leftovers and I figured something was wrong so I got the flashlight and started looking for her. Well, unfortunately she had passed on and I found her in her kennel back in the corner. It was late, about 8pm and I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to leave her there all day until I got off work the next day so I got the Kubota out. I managed to dig a pretty good hole about 3 ft. deep and laid her to rest near the other pets that have passed on in the last 15 years.

Echo was probably the smartest, best behaved, and healthiest dog I've ever had. At one time she knew the names of every room in the house and the names of at least 15 of her toys. She could open and close the horse gates on command and never once got a reward besides a "good girl" and a pat on the head. She lived for Frisbee in her younger days and if you quit throwing it she talk someone else into it. What a dog, she will be missed.

Kevin

/ Kubota's toughest job so far... #2  
Oh geez... sorry to hear. As a long time dog owner I have had one over all the years that was truly special. Sounds like Echo was a special one too. Take care.

/ Kubota's toughest job so far... #3  
Hi NT,

I share your pain, 2 weeks ago our 8 y/o mastiff Bailey died suddenly after what seemed like just a couple of minor illnesses snowballed.

It is always too soon to lose our canine compnaions.

They live on in our memories and hearts though.

God bless,
Thomas

/ Kubota's toughest job so far... #4  
I came home from work tonight and my old Border Collie wasn't there to greet me at my car door like she had been for 16 years. She'd missed a few times before but not many so I didn't give it too much thought. After dinner she wasn't there to get any leftovers and I figured something was wrong so I got the flashlight and started looking for her. Well, unfortunately she had passed on and I found her in her kennel back in the corner. It was late, about 8pm and I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to leave her there all day until I got off work the next day so I got the Kubota out. I managed to dig a pretty good hole about 3 ft. deep and laid her to rest near the other pets that have passed on in the last 15 years.

Echo was probably the smartest, best behaved, and healthiest dog I've ever had. At one time she knew the names of every room in the house and the names of at least 15 of her toys. She could open and close the horse gates on command and never once got a reward besides a "good girl" and a pat on the head. She lived for Frisbee in her younger days and if you quit throwing it she talk someone else into it. What a dog, she will be missed.

Kevin,
I'm sorry to hear about Echo. I know that you miss her. Some people say that dogs don't have souls and therefore cannot exist in Heaven. I don't believe that. Why would God create such a wonderful creature to be man's best friend? And God so loved the dog that He gave the dog His Name, but spelled backwards?
Last year about this time, some moron drove into the neighbors yard to intentionally run over my dachshund, "Duke." Well the neighbor saw him do it, but did not tell me. My 16 year old son, on his way to school found him and brought him home and we laid him to rest. That afternoon the moron was bragging about it at the country store while Andy was there. Andy asked moron where he did it, and moron described where, when, and how. Andy had been doing martial arts since he was 6, and even though the discipline Andy was in, was non-contact, Andy "contacted" the moron! After Andy had moron dazed and very unsteady on his feet, a Spinning Heel Kick to the head with a Georgia Boot laid moron flat out on the floor! When moron came to about 10 minutes later, Andy told him to never drive down that road again. Since then, moron has always taken the long way to get home!
For Christmas, Andy brought home a Black Labrador retriever puppy. I love this dog! He isn't as good with the grand kids as Duke was though, but he is a friendly puppy. The old man across the road didn't like the lab puppy at all! Everytime he throws a stick at the puppy to run him off, the puppy picks it up and brings it back to him! His wife thinks it is hilarious and had to tell him that won't work with a retriever! So the old man decided to put the puppy to work for him. I had taught the puppy (his name is Buck) to bring my
newspaper up to the house. The neighbor, with a handful of doggy treats, now gets his slightly drooled on newspaper delivered to his front doorstep too!
Take care and rest well, my friend.

Scott

/ Kubota's toughest job so far... #5  
I am sorry about the loss of your love one... pets sure can pull the heart strings..

RIP Echo. <_______________>

/ Kubota's toughest job so far... #6  
Very sorry to hear about Echo. Losing a companion is always tough. But they bring us so much joy that we always go out and find a new companion after our loved ones pass on.

/ Kubota's toughest job so far... #7  
Sorry to hear of your loss Kevin. We had a scare with our Golden earlier this week but so far so good. Fingers are crossed that he recovers.