Kubotas B's Creeping in Neutral

/ Kubotas B's Creeping in Neutral #1  

Leejohn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660
If you have to ever have to split your tractor to get to or near the hydrostatic drive. Change the neutral holding bearing, other wise you have to do some grinding to get off. The bearing is real small about the size of a nickel and check around on price, it's all over the place. Kubota part #32721-43420 and it is a 12mm,21mm, by 5mm.
The pictures well show how I did it by just removing the floor panel. That L shaped groove I don't know why Kubota cut it to go up, I could not understand why they did it, maybe a round hole over the bearing would of been better. The screwdriver is taking the load off the spring so that you can get the bearing close to the slot. And it was no fun getting it to hold.

NOTE; This is for most B's not all, check the parts list for your B model.

Attachments

• IMG_1836.JPG
    IMG_1836.JPG
    634 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1841.JPG
    IMG_1841.JPG
    419.1 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
   / Kubotas B's Creeping in Neutral #2  
All good tips.
A 12mm x 21mm x 5 mm ball bearing would be a trade # 6801 in USA designation. Size goes as: shaft diameter (12mm), housing bore (21mm), and bearing width (5mm).
Price for a standard duty good # 6801 runs in the ten to twenty dollar range depending on the retailer.

/ Kubotas B's Creeping in Neutral #3  
Hi LeeJohn.

I had a B2150 that had started creeping whenever I stopped. I never tried putting it in neutral to see if that made it stop creeping.

I had the dealer work on it and they did numerous "adjustments" and rigged the speed control plate and got it to stop creeping.

But they did mention that they "may" haver to split the tractor if it didn't stop creeping.

That's like 8 hours of billable shop time.... WOW !

I wonder if it's a common problem with the HST units?

/ Kubotas B's Creeping in Neutral
That Bearing is so small I see it not lasting long at all. I ordered 2 . It's the width that is the bad part of the bearing.

/ Kubotas B's Creeping in Neutral #5  
There may be an eccentric fine adjustment nut on the side of the frame.

If it has a v notched plate for the main control make sure all the parts are mating properly and spring tension is good. There should also be some adjust here.

kubota b72 parts diagram - Google Search

D3B45498-B778-45C0-9763-9335BC786275.jpeg