Kubota

/ Kubota
Just got back from two Kubota dealerships. The L3710 is too large of a tractor to wheel around in our woods. While the single pedal on the 3010 and 3710 is preferred, the front and rear pedal set up on the 2910 is manageable. The B2910 has been out for about a year. Any feedback regarding the B2910 HST forward and reverse pedal configuration, preferably from owners, would be greatly appreciated. The B2910 appears to be very well thought out. My wife felt confident driving it around. There's much to be said for sliding between and around trees in a compact, four wheel drive tractor.

The specifications are close between the 3010 and 2910. Albeit the 3010 is geared differently (even w/ HST) and on a bigger frame. The bucket can also handle and additional 400+ pounds (closer to 500). After much soul searching and talking with three different sales people over a four-hour period, the B2910 came out to be the most logical fit for our immediate and long-term needs. We are now educating ourselves about implements we need to purchase. What's better: Land Pride or Woods equipment?

Keep the suggestions rolling, thanks! - JayD

/ Kubota #12  
JayD, I haven't actually even seen a B2910 yet, but I understand it has the same two pedal HST that my B2710 has. Mark Chalkley once described how he uses his (and it was the same way I do it) and that is to rest your heel on the floor with your toe on the pedal for forward, and rest your toe on the floor with your heel on the pedal for reverse, and you can move around very smoothly at whatever speed you want. I've driven my cousin's New Holland with the rocker pedal and it's all right; I could get used to it, but I like the Kubota 2 pedal system better myself.

Bird

/ Kubota #13  
List the sizes and implements you are looking for. Land pride is made well and very expensive. Woods in general is just as good and better priced. Bush Hog is very good and also better priced. Basically, all the name brands are good. Many no name brands are just as good, but not warranted beyone 90 days where most name brands carry 1 yr guarantee. The guarantee is not really worth much because most failures will be your fault and the dealer will not warranty them anyway. If you are going to buy a loader with the Kubota tractor, don't let anyone talk you into anything except the Kubota loader. You will soon see why. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Kubota #14  
Wen hit the nail on the head. You get what you pay for most times that is.
Gordon

/ Kubota #15  
Have the 2710. No issue with the 2 pedals. Had a JD with single--can't say I care one way or the other. Single probabaly a little better with a loader--easier tweaking. Dual probably a little easier on the HST; less accidental F to R jolts.

See if the features of the 2910 are worth the $ over the 2710. Hp increase is v. little, and capacity the same. Great machines, good luck.