Mowing Kubota ZD1511 Only does parked regens!

/ Kubota ZD1511 Only does parked regens! #31  
So I love my new ZD1511 but these parked regens are driving me nuts!

I agree.

I went to mow today & the dreaded horn blew demanding another dang 30+ minute parked regen

I don’t get it. I mow at WOT for 3-6hrs EACH time I use it twice a week.

my dealer thinks it’s a bad sensor .....

/ Kubota ZD1511 Only does parked regens! #32  
I’ve read where the updated programming is SUPPOSED to fix the parked regen’s.

I sure hope so. I’d hate to go back down to the weaker ZD1211

/ Kubota ZD1511 Only does parked regens! #33  
Dealer still hasn’t came got my Zero to diagnose the parked regens under warranty.

I mowed 6hrs non stop yesterday with one auto regen successfully completed while I was running the machine (y)

/ Kubota ZD1511 Only does parked regens! #34  
3rd parked regen required yesterday :mad:

111hrs

dealer still hasn’t came & got it to diagnose under warranty .....

/ Kubota ZD1511 Only does parked regens! #35  
So I love my new ZD1511 but these parked regens are driving me nuts! I look like an idiot sitting in the middle of my side acreage waiting 30 minutes for it to complete. Every 11 hours on the nose it goes from no lights to warning buzzer demanding a parked regen. The dealer is coming out Tuesday afternoon to hook up to the computer but anyone else having this consistent of a problem? I run full throttle and I mow for about an hour and 15 minutes at one time and always check the display before I shut it off.:mad:
I retired as a 30 yr diesel mechanic two years ago and swore I will never ever buy anything with a Regen system in it. Those systems came on the scene in 2010 and almost cost the school bus company I worked for their contract with the district. Busses loaded with children pulled over on the side of the interstate because of forced regens. Busses crawling along the road at 20 mph because they went into D-Fault mode. Horrible

/ Kubota ZD1511 Only does parked regens! #36  
Kubota called today saying my 2018 ZD1511 needed a newer programming to set parameters broader in the PCM like the later models so that it didn’t require parked regens.

I hope this fixes it.

I’ll know after they get it returned to me.

/ Kubota ZD1511 Only does parked regens! #37  
Kubota called today saying my 2018 ZD1511 needed a newer programming to set parameters broader in the PCM like the later models so that it didn’t require parked regens.

I hope this fixes it.

I’ll know after they get it returned to me.

Someday Kubota will enter the modern world and be able to program your ECU over the Internet like Cat, Ford, and I assume a lot more. They want $700 each time they update my M7 because Kubota wants it done in the dealers shop instead of the field.15 years ago I was updating software on job sites every day.

/ Kubota ZD1511 Only does parked regens! #38  
Wow :mad: I couldn’t stand $700
At least this mower has 4 more years of emissions warranty.
Technology is Good & BAD but I do Love this Mower.
I just wished it had an 84” Deck & More HP ;)

/ Kubota ZD1511 Only does parked regens! #40  
Well dealer brought my 2018 ZD1511 back after reprogramming PCM.
I ran it 3hrs learning low air in seat wouldn’t satisfy the seat switch.
then it hiccuped one time continuing to run fine but blew HEAVY WHITE SMOKE :mad: for 25+ seconds I’d guess & wasn’t in regen.
I kept mowing for another hour with no issues.
It’s never blew white smoke at all in 117hrs since bought brand new last year as a leftover model.

thoughts ? :rolleyes: