Kubota & Yanmar endured - What happened to Mitsubiski, Iseki (Hinomoto)?

/ Kubota & Yanmar endured - What happened to Mitsubiski, Iseki (Hinomoto)? #1  

airbiscuit

Tractor
New Holland T2310, Kubota L3010 GST, New Holland TC21DA, Farmall H *** Previously - 1941 John Deere B, Shibaura SD1500, John Deere 850, Bobcat 642, New Holland 1925
In the beginning, there was Kubota, Yanmar, Mitsubishi, Iseki, and arguably Hinomoto as CUT brands in the US before mainline brands joined the market. Why didn't Mitsubishi, Iseki, and Hinomoto stay in the game as their own brand?`

/ Kubota & Yanmar endured - What happened to Mitsubiski, Iseki (Hinomoto)? #2  
Don't know but I think Yanmar teamed up with JD for the dealer network..

/ Kubota & Yanmar endured - What happened to Mitsubiski, Iseki (Hinomoto)?
Yanmar built CUTs for Deere which kept their name and reputation prominent. I suspect they had a non-compete during that time. They only recently started selling under their own brand again.

/ Kubota & Yanmar endured - What happened to Mitsubiski, Iseki (Hinomoto)? #4  
Correct I think that's why they got involved with cub cadet..

/ Kubota & Yanmar endured - What happened to Mitsubiski, Iseki (Hinomoto)? #5  
I had a JD 770 yanmar built tractor I got new in 93 great little tractor..

/ Kubota & Yanmar endured - What happened to Mitsubiski, Iseki (Hinomoto)? #6  
They only show 2 dealers in NH..

/ Kubota & Yanmar endured - What happened to Mitsubiski, Iseki (Hinomoto)? #7  
Mitsubishi still sells new tractors in my country. Website: Mitsubishi Tractors Portugal Sorry, only available in Portuguese. Nothing a translator won't fix.

Hinomoto stopped making tractors for years and now, just recently, they started selling TYM tractors rebadged as Hinomoto, again, in my country. Website: Hinomoto Homepage - Agricultural and Implements Tractors

Iseki also sells new tractors here, plus they make some compact tractors for MF. Website: TG Tractor Range > ISEKI UK & Ireland

/ Kubota & Yanmar endured - What happened to Mitsubiski, Iseki (Hinomoto)?
It's fun to wonder, what would the CUT landscape look like if Kubota, Yanmar, Mitsubishi and Iseki had all chased the US market in th eearly days?

Why did the CUT market expand as much as it did?

A. The tractors got better and more refined
B. Hydrostatic transmissions
C. Better Dealer access with Deere, New Holland, Massey Ferguson, etc.
D. More disposable income = more buyers

/ Kubota & Yanmar endured - What happened to Mitsubiski, Iseki (Hinomoto)? #9  
It's fun to wonder, what would the CUT landscape look like if Kubota, Yanmar, Mitsubishi and Iseki had all chased the US market in th eearly days?

Why did the CUT market expand as much as it did?

A. The tractors got better and more refined
B. Hydrostatic transmissions
C. Better Dealer access with Deere, New Holland, Massey Ferguson, etc.
D. More disposable income = more buyers

D and wannabe farmers or think a little tractor is kool. For me, a little tractor is just that a little toy.

/ Kubota & Yanmar endured - What happened to Mitsubiski, Iseki (Hinomoto)? #10  
D and wannabe farmers or think a little tractor is kool. For me, a little tractor is just that a little toy.

One of the most ridiculous posts I've seen here...

Over here most of the small farmers that do it for a living use those little tractors that you call toys...

They use tractors from 25 up to 50HP on their farms, either dairy farms, vegetable farms, whatever.

The 25HP tractors are actually just the perfect size for greenhouses too.