Kubota Wheel interchange...B-series vs MX

/ Kubota Wheel interchange...B-series vs MX #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Never really got serious but have always said it would be nice to have a pair of the 12-16.5 R4 tires on the front of my MX to compliment the AG's on the rear, since they are wider than the normal AG's on the front....but still the same diameter so it wont mess up 4x4

Happened across an ad locally selling a pair of 12-16.5 R4's. But they are off the rear of a B2601.

Bolt pattern and hub hole all look the same based off the pics. Hour and a half drive away so dont wanna waste a trip.

So.....does anyone know the difference between wheel/tire for the rear of alot of B-series vs the fronts for an MX.

Kubota actually DOES list a different part number for the rims for a B-series rear vs front of the MX. Is one heavier than the other? The sticker on the wheel lists a part number of ABR8764

/ Kubota Wheel interchange...B-series vs MX
Called my dealer and inquired.....

ABR8764 for rears of a B-series
AMXR8828 for fronts on a MX

He said tires are likely to be identical but said the rim is probably different. Stud hole size and or offset.

I dont have a b-series....nor do I have R4 fronts on an MX.

So anyone with R-4 rears on a B or R4 fronts on an MX could you share some rim dimensions so I can decide whether I want to make a 1-1/2hr drive?

The pictures the guy listed in the ad with a tape measure looks like the bolt pattern and center hole would work. Just need to make sure the offset isnt too much one way or the other. Cause I know when full turned the tires do get close to the loader frame

/ Kubota Wheel interchange...B-series vs MX #3  
Called my dealer and inquired.....

ABR8764 for rears of a B-series
AMXR8828 for fronts on a MX

He said tires are likely to be identical but said the rim is probably different. Stud hole size and or offset.

I dont have a b-series....nor do I have R4 fronts on an MX.

So anyone with R-4 rears on a B or R4 fronts on an MX could you share some rim dimensions so I can decide whether I want to make a 1-1/2hr drive?

The pictures the guy listed in the ad with a tape measure looks like the bolt pattern and center hole would work. Just need to make sure the offset isnt too much one way or the other. Cause I know when full turned the tires do get close to the loader frame
I have R4 tires on my MX. what measurements do you need?

Wheel offset is the big one.

I can measure my stud diameter on my tractor.

I will do that this evening.
Thank you.

This is what the guy sent me for the rims he has....see if yours are close

Screenshot_20240125-173503.png
Screenshot_20240125-173511.png

Definitely an offset difference.

Seems the MX is somewhere pretty close to the middle of the rim....whereas the B rears have a lot of offset.

Gonna make the either stick out way to far, and probably hit the loader frame, or be way too narrow and hit the frame or something when turning

/ Kubota Wheel interchange...B-series vs MX #9  
Definitely an offset difference.

Seems the MX is somewhere pretty close to the middle of the rim....whereas the B rears have a lot of offset.

Gonna make the either stick out way to far, and probably hit the loader frame, or be way too narrow and hit the frame or something when turning
Yeah, you’ll probably have to buy MX wheels.

Yeah, you’ll probably have to buy MX wheels.
Thats why I still stick with the AG's that are on it...lol.

Cant justify the cost of R4 fronts when I have to buy new rims. Just keep thinking that the wider and "tougher" tire would be better for both the loader work that I do, as well as brushhogging.

Saw a set of new kubota-orange 12-16.5's pop up on marketplace for 4 bills.....but then saw the ad said they were off the back of a B2601. Figured it would be too good to be true