Kubota vs. Kioti

/ Kubota vs. Kioti #1  

coolbrze

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800
Is Kubota the same company as Kioti (sp?)? Which one is better, pros/cons? Just curious...

/ Kubota vs. Kioti #2  
<font color="blue"> Is Kubota the same company as Kioti (sp?)? Which one is better, pros/cons? Just curious... </font>
No they are not the same company and both of them build solid tractors. There's no way to list pros/cons. I suggest you read through both forums for comments and if you have questions about a particular model, post a question in the proper forum.

/ Kubota vs. Kioti #3  
Korea vs Japan. some kioti dealers round here also carry Mahindra. Of course postig in the Kubota forum you just may..maybe get a bias towards Japan(Kubota) maybe...

After driving and even operating all three i went with Kubota. Now your needs may be diff. How much are you going to use your tractor and how much do you want to spend. I don't recall anyone I know complaining how they don't like their tractor. Wish it could do more? yes but every tractor has its limitations.

OH ya mikepa had some good advice.

Good luck and may the Horse be with you

/ Kubota vs. Kioti #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There's no way to list pros/cons. I suggest you read through both forums for comments and if you have questions about a particular model, post a question in the proper forum. )</font>

There absolutly is, its just not possible to do it without someone getting offended.

Just a few facts, since opinions seem to get in the way.
Kubota sells 120,000+ powered units a year. Kioti sells about 3500. Kubota makes up about 60% of the tractor market under 50hp. If all tractors where created equal then 60% of the issues that turn up on the forums would be for Kubota machines, but thats clearly not the case. Kubota is the only (i think) tractor company to build basicly the entire machine that they sell - engine, transmission, implements, etc. There is very little outsorucing, less middlemen, and therefore better control of the quality and pricing. Its not the cheapest tractor on the market, but it offers a level of value thats really hard to pass up.

/ Kubota vs. Kioti #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is Kubota the same company as Kioti (sp?)? Which one is better, pros/cons? Just curious... )</font>

A good friend has literally abused his b20, even rolled it off the trailer. 3000+ hrs later, a coat of paint and some new pins and he just sold it for 15K.

That was enough to convince me that kubota is tough enough for me, not to mention, the resale isn't too darn bad either...

/ Kubota vs. Kioti #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( There's no way to list pros/cons. I suggest you read through both forums for comments and if you have questions about a particular model, post a question in the proper forum. )</font>

There absolutly is, its just not possible to do it without someone getting offended.

Just a few facts, since opinions seem to get in the way.
Kubota sells 120,000+ powered units a year. Kioti sells about 3500. Kubota makes up about 60% of the tractor market under 50hp. If all tractors where created equal then 60% of the issues that turn up on the forums would be for Kubota machines, but thats clearly not the case. Kubota is the only (i think) tractor company to build basicly the entire machine that they sell - engine, transmission, implements, etc. There is very little outsorucing, less middlemen, and therefore better control of the quality and pricing. Its not the cheapest tractor on the market, but it offers a level of value thats really hard to pass up. )</font>

Oh come on Neil, everyone knows it is my job on TBN to offend people /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif You just jumped in before I got a chance.

/ Kubota vs. Kioti #7  
They are not the same company. Almost the same colors though.

The Kubota is of higher quality for most things. You will pay a premium for that increased quality though that you can likely make up at resale.

There are also some holes in both company's offerings that can be filled by the other company.

/ Kubota vs. Kioti #8  
<font color="blue"> There absolutly is, its just not possible to do it without someone getting offended.
</font>
No, it's not possible in any way that benefits someone. General sales figures are meaningless when it comes down to what tractor someone should buy. Some people have local dealers of all brands, some don't. All the sales figures in the world are useless if I don't have a Kubota dealer close by. Same goes for any brand.

It's also why I suggested the original poster read the forums before asking questions. The pros/cons of Kubota vs Kioti have been asked and answered dozens of times. He should also visit his local dealers.

<font color="blue"> If all tractors where created equal then 60% of the issues that turn up on the forums would be for Kubota machines, but thats clearly not the case. </font>
This is not a fact, it's an incorrect conclusion and a specious one at that. What percentage of Kubota owners have Internet access and are members of TBN versus what percentage of Kioti owners or NH owners are members here. That's like saying because 50% of the posts on a Ford forum are about problems that 50% of all Fords have problems.

/ Kubota vs. Kioti #9  
As said earlier there not but when comparing the 2 compare them appples to apples.

/ Kubota vs. Kioti #10  
From my personal experience, Kubota is much pickier about their dealer network than Kioti. When I was test-driving last year, I looked up (on the official Kioti web-site) and visited the closest Kioti dealer. When I got there, it was one guy in a little used car shack. He had hired *cough* temporary help *cough* to assemble the tractors in what was literally the back yard of the little office. That's right, no garage, no lean to, no nothing. A garage was apparently "in the works." The fact that not one single tractor out of the 1/2 dozen or so on the lot had the tread of all 4 tires turning in the same and/or correct direction, and I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I know there are many very very happy Kioti owners on these boards, but that experience rattled me so bad I wouldn't even consider a Kioti if I were in the market for another tractor.