Kubota user/owner manuals - worth the price?

/ Kubota user/owner manuals - worth the price? #1  

pmmully

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota L48 TLB
I got the service manual for the L48, well worth the money. Are the owner's manuals worth the price, or are they like a car and pretty much operation 101? I am looking for a maintenance schedule, as well as something I could give to a potential new operator to read prior to their OTJ training.

/ Kubota user/owner manuals - worth the price? #2  
I almost never reference my truck's manual but I seem to reference my tractor manual all the time. But for sure the service manual is worth it's weight in gold IMHO.

/ Kubota user/owner manuals - worth the price? #3  
They are definitely worth having, if only for the service and maintenance schedules. I thought they were available online free from the Kubota website.

/ Kubota user/owner manuals - worth the price? #4  
If the "new operator to read prior to their OJT training" is paid help, I strongly suggest you have a copy on hand and probably some documentation that the new operator has read it.
As an owner, I agree with other posters that the operator's manual is an invaluable reference for maintenance (at least for my L45). I have added many notes such as wrench size required or cross references to procedures like the page number for resetting the "service inspect" on the maintenance schedule page.

/ Kubota user/owner manuals - worth the price? #5  
I have added many notes such as wrench size required or cross references to procedures like the page number for resetting the "service inspect" on the maintenance schedule page.
I started writing the size on the heads of the bolts and that works well for me. The other earmarked page is the torque by bolt head size page.

/ Kubota user/owner manuals - worth the price? #6  
Sure is worth the $26,Messics mail order.

/ Kubota user/owner manuals - worth the price? #7  
The answer depends on how much you think you know and how willing you are to learn things you really don't know.

/ Kubota user/owner manuals - worth the price? #8  
They should have the option of buying two manuals. One that teaches important useful stuff, and the other that tells you used motor oil according to California, causes Cancer, and stuff like that, of which there is far more of that in modern user manuals than anything usefull.

/ Kubota user/owner manuals - worth the price? #9  
I don’t see the service manual available for 2020 or any MX5400??
tried Messick’s on-line.