Kubota Trolling For Snag

/ Kubota Trolling For Snag #1  

jeff9366

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3,700 pounds bare tractor, 5,400 pounds operating weight, 37 horsepower
This is the largest snag I have caught.

I used the Ratchet Rake on the bucket to pull the snag out of a depression in the woods.

I am dragging with 5/16" chain attached to tractor with an OMNI Hanging Tree, itself attached to 3-Pt. A-frame structure, also from OMNI.

Even elevated for towing the butt end of the tree is no higher than tractor rear axle.

Surprisingly, Kubota B3300SU would pull this weight and overcome friction of snag against the pavement with HST in HIGH.

Attachments

• IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0625.JPG
    IMG_0625.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 172
   / Kubota Trolling For Snag #2  
Nice tree. You are finding out that tractors are very good at pulling. There is a lot more friction between the road and those nice tires than there is between the road and that smooth tree with the heavy end held up by the tactor and adding to it's traction. As long as the wheels don't slip you can pull. Sometimes high range is better.

/ Kubota Trolling For Snag #3  
My little bx has had three trees behind it at once, it's my favorite "work" to do. They weren't as big as that one but I pulled them up a hill in high and it was nothing for the tractor. As soon as my yard rise ill be putting the new bro trek plates to the test. Have fun.

/ Kubota Trolling For Snag #4  
It is surprising how the tree will get "sanded down" dragging it on pavement.

HOWEVER, be extremely careful with your speed. If that tree butt hits something, either something is going to break, or you may flip the tractor over, rotating around the rear axle. I know in the photo here you have plenty of ground clearance, but it's not a good habit to get into.