Kubota still offering 0 percent financing

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #31  
I guess I should have distilled my comment further to state, ag equipment not cars or trucks. Far as I can ascertain, all of your ag related stuff is previously owned. Like that big square baler with the moldy wad stuck in it you had to dig out...lol

No cars were mentioned.
A hay trailer qualifies as a piece of hay equipment. Furthermore, I do still own a Kubota that I bought NEW. It’ll be sold soon as I have found Kubota’s larger tractors (with the exception of the newest series of M’s) are not built to withstand the rigors of anything more than hobby or part time haying, like your retirement hobby. They just arent durable enough for everyday hay farming work. Their little stuff like yours is fine for part time lighter farming.
The newest generation of big Ms looks like they’ll hold up better.

Last edited:
   / Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #32  
I guess I should have distilled my comment further to state, ag equipment not cars or trucks. Far as I can ascertain, all of your ag related stuff is previously owned. Like that big square baler with the moldy wad stuck in it you had to dig out...lol

Your passive aggressive sarcasm needs work.

Leave that to us professionals.

And don't report me. I'm sure Moss is getting sick of removing my post with you.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #33  
I have no idea how a foreign manufacturer decides on their pricing. And I doubt that many people in this country - or here on TBn - do either. My guess is it has a lot to do with financial arrangements a foreign manufacturer has with their own central bank, politics, and their country's export policies. Tariffs can have a huge effect, and vary on a whim. I'm not privy to any of this stuff, but have noticed that all of these differ a lot in other countries.

Frankly, I expect a tractor to work hard, economically, and last for decades with minimal attention. Those things come first and are what are important to me. Being focused on small differences in price is a peculiarly local sport, and in my opinon it is spending time on the wrong thing. The initial price is much less important that just about every other aspect of tractor ownership, and cash vs credit cost even less so.

rScotty
The lenders, even Kubota, are operating in the US and are subject to US credit laws. The parent company back in Japan may or may not have expectations of moving dollars to Japan. The low interest rates in Japan, if anything, have served to invest more in the US.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing
No cars were mentioned.
A hay trailer qualifies as a piece of hay equipment. Furthermore, I do still own a Kubota that I bought NEW. It’ll be sold soon as I have found Kubota’s larger tractors (with the exception of the newest series of M’s) are not built to withstand the rigors of anything more than hobby or part time haying, like your retirement hobby. They just arent durable enough for everyday hay farming work. Their little stuff like yours is fine for part time lighter farming.
The newest generation of big Ms looks like they’ll hold up better.
Just another of your condescending comments. You are good at them. I could take on way more than I do but I don't want to. Unlike you, I don't want to get 'big' and have big fuel bills and equipment costs. My 50 acres is plenty, actually a bit too much for me. Unlike you, I don't sell my hay for mushroom bedding either, but then that is your thing. Not mine.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #35  
...and rebates / cash back on certain models.
Kubota has been doing this for a long time. I recall in 2013 they had the "0%" thing going. I am unsure if they ever relented on this since then.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #36  
Kubota has been doing this for a long time. I recall in 2013 they had the "0%" thing going. I am unsure if they ever relented on this since then.
The longer you do it, the more you can obscure how much of that magical fairy dust of “0% financing” is buried in the price.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #37  
Good for you. That's the same thing we did. Agreed on price & I was literally reaching for my checkbook when he said, "Cash.... or 0% credit?" It's been great.
Most probably, it's a case of some dealers are & some aren't.
rScotty
Same here: I negotiated the price and then we talked about the zero % financing sponsored by the manufacturer. The dealer didn't care either way.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #38  
I do know that I bought a Kubota B2320 in 2013 and they offered free finances, but when i went for it they informed me that I had to buy my Insurance from them. they would not accept my home owners insurance. I don;t remember for sure but it was around 700 dollars for the 5 year period of the loan. Needless to say I went ahead and paid for it. And yes my home owners did pay when I managed to fall a tree that hit my 53 HP farm tractor. It has to be on the property that they have insured.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #39  
I do know that I bought a Kubota B2320 in 2013 and they offered free finances, but when i went for it they informed me that I had to buy my Insurance from them. they would not accept my home owners insurance. I don;t remember for sure but it was around 700 dollars for the 5 year period of the loan. Needless to say I went ahead and paid for it. And yes my home owners did pay when I managed to fall a tree that hit my 53 HP farm tractor. It has to be on the property that they have insured.

My dealer said that our home owners insurance was just fine for 0 percent.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #40  
To be fair, any asset based loan is required to have asset specific insurance for the term of the loan. Requiring that it be from Kubota seems a bit excessive, but from what I have heard, it is a good value.