Kubota RCK54-23BX deck pulley holders cracking????

/ Kubota RCK54-23BX deck pulley holders cracking???? #1  

dieselbob69

Gold Member
Tractor
'21 Kubota BX2380
Hi folks! When I was servicing my deck yesterday, I noticed the bearing holders(part underneath the cup) were getting cracks in them vertically all around, in the tapered part. The outer holder part #'s on my deck are K221-71212( which I found out was superceded by K5221-71210), and the center one part #is K53713411-3. I was just wondering if anyone else has these cracks and if I should be worried about it. I grease them every 5 mowings, which take just under 2 hours each time. I'm hoping this isn't another Kubota flaw:mad::mad::mad:....

/ Kubota RCK54-23BX deck pulley holders cracking???? #2  
Got any pics? Not sure what part you're referring to. Have my same deck off and will check mine.

/ Kubota RCK54-23BX deck pulley holders cracking????
Got any pics? Not sure what part you're referring to. Have my same deck off and will check mine.

I do, but don稚 know how to post them from iPhone. When you take blades off, remove the metal cup that they sit on and the pulley holder is the silver metal. I知 talking about the part that is hidden by the cup.

/ Kubota RCK54-23BX deck pulley holders cracking????
Ok, an update to those curious, I'll try to get some photos loaded eventually. I ordered all 3 pulley holders,bearings,seals,etc from dealer a few weeks ago. They call me and tell me it's in last week- I go to pick it up. I look at the new holders, and they look just as bad or worse than the ones on my deck now. It's cast aluminum, and there are multiple vertical cracks throughout... I bought them, then after a few days, I decided to keep only 1 side one , 2 bearings, and upper and lower seal. I guess it's just more crappy designs from Kubota that I hope doesn't sh*t the bed....

/ Kubota RCK54-23BX deck pulley holders cracking???? #5  
For all the years I've had my MMM on my BX2200, it takes a lot of TLC to keep it running smooth. I've been through a gearbox, 3 pulley holders and the whole nine yards. Luckily I do the work myself, but most people don't want to mess with it, or can't do it (even physically with the belt).

I've often times wondered what it would've been like if we would just bought a quality RFM like a Landpride or KingKutter.

Only reason, is because my neighbor has a KingKutter RFM, and besides grease, lube, belts, and blades, it's a smooth running implement. AND he keeps it out all year long, my MMM stays inside all year long.

Also the cut height cam needs a replacing, as it's in the middle of 2.5 and 3, already been through one of those; and talk about a PITA to swap out. It's a most of the day project removing the covers.