Kubota Premium hyd. fluid

/ Kubota Premium hyd. fluid #1  

HEC

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC
Just bought some prem. hyd. fluid from Canada and this is what it said on the container[Performance similar to udt with the addition of super low temp. properties][A winter grade universal type tractor fluid]I am quite sure I have seen it posted on this site that pudt was a syn. fluid but I can't see that on the container at all.The parts person and the owner both stated that it was not a syn. fluid to the best of there knowledge when I asked them.This is a fairly large dealership and the only Kubota dealer in my area.It seems to me this is just a regular grade udt with some additives added for winter use, is that what you guys think also????
Herb,

/ Kubota Premium hyd. fluid #2  
I don't think there was ever a concensous however, if it has the low temperature flow characteristics of the best all synthetic hydraulic fluid, is that not enough?

/ Kubota Premium hyd. fluid
Yes, that is probably true for cold weather use but syn. is also good for hot applications ,I wonder about the pudt if it is as good for both summer and winter.I am going to use it and not lose any sleep over it for sure,as it meets kubota specs and will meet any warranty problems, if any .
Herb,

/ Kubota Premium hyd. fluid #4  
I can 100% guarantee you that SUDT is not regular grade UDT with some additives thrown in it.....it is an entirely different animal.

/ Kubota Premium hyd. fluid
Oh, I believe you Sky Pup, I had the good intentions of buying syn. fluid, but when I mentioned sudt they didn't know what I was talking about , they directed me to the pudt as I thought they would after reading other posts from the Canadian members here on the forum. I was thinking it would be their version of syn. fluid but I am not so sure now, but it will work fine I'm sure.
Herb,

/ Kubota Premium hyd. fluid #6  
Herb, I can't find the old post now, but I believe it was bird1968 who stated that Canadian Premium hyd fluid was rebranded Petro Canada "Duratran Synthetic". I have never tried to verify this, but you might check out www.petrocanada.ca for additional info.
Regards
Bob