Mowing Kubota needs drive on decks

/ Kubota needs drive on decks #1  

Kubotamanjh

Tractor
Kubota bx 24
Just wanted to rant on how heavy the
rck-60 decks are! I'm not able to take mine off and on, on a concrete pad so I am out in the yard and have to drag it back in the barn. Would be nice to just drive on top of it and hook it up! I have to take it off and on weekly as I use my bx-24 for side work digging trenches and such.

/ Kubota needs drive on decks #2  
I believe the B series have drive on decks but not the BX series.

/ Kubota needs drive on decks #3  
John Deere has raised the bar and if Kubota doesn't follow, they will lose BX sales it's that simple. I believe people will pay a little extra for an easy to mount/dismount MMM. We rarely take ours off, so it's not an issue for us, but is for many.

/ Kubota needs drive on decks #4  
What will you ladies need next....... air conditionong ???? ;);)

/ Kubota needs drive on decks #5  
I really don't see the problem?:confused: my BX 60 inch deck is fine for me to take on and off. I really don't need to manhandle it except for minor adjustment to side to line up pins.

Do you make sure you set dial knob down to lowest height and drop deck before pulling pins? I assume you already know about turning wheels sideways to take out so won't insult you with this. ;) Do you use a large rope or wide straps around wheels arms to use to pull out with and pull back in and make minor adjustment to line up pin? I would say the hardest thing of whole thing is getting down and slip the pto collar on, even that is not a big deal once you do this many times.

/ Kubota needs drive on decks #6  
I have found that it is easier to mount if I back up onto 4" paving bricks. Gets the rear wheels up a few inches and gives me easier access underneath. I also slide the deck in from right to left (based on sitting in seat point of view) about 85% of the way then reach underneath from the left side and connect the drive shaft first. Then finish sliding it into position and lining things up. It's a pain but usually takes less than 5 minutes to do.

/ Kubota needs drive on decks #7  
For someone in good physical condition the MMM is not a problem, use to take mine off with no problem, but as you get older, just about everything gets harder and I don't care what you do or how hard you try, you will get older.

/ Kubota needs drive on decks
radioman said:
I really don't see the problem?:confused: my BX 60 inch deck is fine for me to take on and off. I really don't need to manhandle it except for minor adjustment to side to line up pins.

Do you make sure you set dial knob down to lowest height and drop deck before pulling pins? I assume you already know about turning wheels sideways to take out so won't insult you with this. ;) Do you use a large rope or wide straps around wheels arms to use to pull out with and pull back in and make minor adjustment to line up pin? I would say the hardest thing of whole thing is getting down and slip the pto collar on, even that is not a big deal once you do this many times.

Ha great idea! I think I will try a strap around wheels to help maneuver the deck. I don't know why I didn't think about that! But that's what's great about this forum! And I really laughed about wanting air conditioning next year!

/ Kubota needs drive on decks #9  
A co worker has a new holland, and the deck wheels rotate 1/4 turn for easy deck removal. The deck roles right out, I have been thinking about modifying my cub deck.

/ Kubota needs drive on decks #10  
I have a B2710 and I wish I would have never purchased the mid-mount deck. Not because of any quality issues; it's built like a tank. If I had it to do over I would have purchased a high-quality rear finish mower. I know the BX series is smaller and more inclined to mowing but I am going to sell my mid-mount and get me a rear finish mower ASAP.