3-Point Hitch Kubota M7060 & proper rotary cutter setup

/ Kubota M7060 & proper rotary cutter setup #11  
Draft control has to be the most misunderstood item on any tractor equipped with it. All that occurs when the lever is as far forward as it will go (Kubota) is, it lessens the draft to a point where the it won't pull up on a 3 point implement, nothing more.

All draft control does is allow a ground engaging implement like a moldboard plow, to come up a bit when it encounters a had spot or a rock. All it does but it can also pull up on a rotary shredder / cutter because of the weight of them. Why you want the lever as far forward (least sensitivity) as possible.

Not rocket science at all.

/ Kubota M7060 & proper rotary cutter setup
See my post 7. All Kubota's are the same, new or old. Other tractors I cannot speak for.

Here it is. Thanks for everyone’s input.

IMG_3989.jpg

/ Kubota M7060 & proper rotary cutter setup #13  
That Operator Manual page has to be the least informative, most confusing and useless page I have ever seen in a manual... "A suitable position" and "set the implement pull" are about as totally meaningless as one could imagine. Leaves you to guess and experiment for yourself. The whole question is how to get the Draft Control disabled and totally out of the picture except for plowing. No doubt 5030 comment above is correct. I do not know if your 7060 uses top link sensing (most do) or bottom link sensing (some do) for the draft control. I have mine bypassed and disabled entirely on a MF2660.

/ Kubota M7060 & proper rotary cutter setup #15  
That Operator Manual page has to be the least informative, most confusing and useless page I have ever seen in a manual...
That is the truth. Reading that just makes the issue worse. Like I said, put the draft control lever as far forward (and down) as possible. That will eliminate the pull out from the weight of the cutter.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR