Kubota M7060 high gear

/ Kubota M7060 high gear #1  

Smurferizer

Tractor
M7060
This year while plowing snow my tractor works fine for roughly half hour then suddenly I lose high gear going forward only.

When I reverse I have full power but going forward the rpms increase but very little forward movement (absolutely won't go up an incline of any sort).

I switch to low range and both forward and reverse work fine.

Once I shut tractor down and let go cold I can then restart and tractor has not issues until once again it's hot and under load.

Local kubota shop of course is set to make a ton of money to diagnose and has already made a site visit costing 3 hundred only to recommend they come pick it up to take a look for an additional 3 or 4 hundred in float fees.

Only have 300 hours

/ Kubota M7060 high gear #2  
This year while plowing snow my tractor works fine for roughly half hour then suddenly I lose high gear going forward only.

When I reverse I have full power but going forward the rpms increase but very little forward movement (absolutely won't go up an incline of any sort).

I switch to low range and both forward and reverse work fine.

Once I shut tractor down and let go cold I can then restart and tractor has not issues until once again it's hot and under load.

Local kubota shop of course is set to make a ton of money to diagnose and has already made a site visit costing 3 hundred only to recommend they come pick it up to take a look for an additional 3 or 4 hundred in float fees.

Only have 300 hours
Your tractor has two hydraulic clutches, one for forward and one for reverse. There are test ports for checking the pressures to those clutches. Continuing to use the tractor with a slipping clutch could damage it worse. Some of these tractors are very sensitive to the fluid used. When were the fluid and filters changed, and what fluid was used?

The range is a gear shift so not the problem.

/ Kubota M7060 high gear #3  
Ditto what BigGG stated on testing fwd hyd pressure. Continued use in high range & slipping clutch plates will only make condition worse. How many hrs of use since hyd filters were changed?

/ Kubota M7060 high gear #4  
welcome to forum. w/those low hrs, not under warranty?

/ Kubota M7060 high gear #5  
Sounds like forward clutch pack is slipping / linkage out of adjustment.

You did the 50 hour filter and fluid change and used Kubota oil and filters?