Kubota M7040 three point hydraulic weirdness. Please help.

/ Kubota M7040 three point hydraulic weirdness. Please help. #21  
just a thought i had on my L3940 there is a speed control for the three point, a knob below the front of the seat, it lets you change the speed of lowering and raising implements. Also if it was never used on mine it took a while to start working correct. let me know if you have this most Kubota tractors do.
post #5
Yes our lowering speed control spins freely, though I can still adjust it by hand. It doesn't affect this problem though. I guess I'll play with it a little more.

Dave M7040

/ Kubota M7040 three point hydraulic weirdness. Please help. #22  
Watching the video, it almost appears as though there is a minimum height set on your 3ph. What does the book say about setting minimum and maximum heights?

/ Kubota M7040 three point hydraulic weirdness. Please help.
If this is a Kubota Type 1, I do not see the rectangular metal block with the two special fittings. Please double check and post a photo of the door sticker.

Where are the two hoses going to?

Dave M7040
HI Dave, like I said the block was removed by my request, and the two hoses were just connected together. The block and connectors were very rusty. You can see the hoses hanging in the second photo, and I posted a pic of the original rusty block.

/ Kubota M7040 three point hydraulic weirdness. Please help. #24  
Just out of curiosity, do most of the front 3PH units have hydraulic down pressure and/or float capability?

Just out of curiosity, do most of the front 3PH units have hydraulic down pressure and/or float capability?
I think they do. This one does, lifts the front of the tractor easier than my other loader tractor. The float works fine. You control the front three point with a loader joystick, so there's a second function available with side to side action!

Bought a lightly used (800 hrs) 2013 M7040 with a front three point hitch and PTO, which has so far been an absolute pleasure to use blowing snow on our farm this winter. We're veggie farmers, so the front three point will be used to mow in conjunction with a rear cultivator for permanent beds. In any case, although the front three point seems flawless, and the remotes on the front work fine, the rear three point is behaving very weirdly: regardless of the where the position and draft control levers are, the three point never drops below about halfway down. As well, with the position lever all the way down, putting the draft lever down results in the three point going up (!) until the pump starts labouring. If you then pull the draft lever all the way to the top, the three point will drop, but only to about half way.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I bought the tractor used from a dealer, and they've sent me a bunch of diagnostics from the shop manual, but I feel this situation doesn't reflect any possible troubleshooting situations from normal operation. I did pay them to replace two hydraulic hose fittings that were rusty, and I am wondering if they somehow switched them, but they assure me that if that were the case, none of the hydraulics would work at all. See the video of the weird behaviour in action!

Just an update the dealer sent a service guy up today. By the time he was gone, the three point will drop all the way down, but not without wiggling the draft control lever the whole way down. He had never seen anything like it. They are still working on it.

/ Kubota M7040 three point hydraulic weirdness. Please help. #27  
I know this is an old post but I have been battling the same issue. The draft control and position control actuators are rusted together. Will send pictures and explain better if needed!

/ Kubota M7040 three point hydraulic weirdness. Please help. #28  
I know this is an old post but I have been battling the same issue. The draft control and position control actuators are rusted together. Will send pictures and explain better if needed!
Even though an old thread, I had not saw it previously. To the original poster, the Draft Control lever should be down all the way, not up all the way.

So, to you, is your Draft Lever down all the way?

/ Kubota M7040 three point hydraulic weirdness. Please help. #29  
Even though an old thread, I had not saw it previously. To the original poster, the Draft Control lever should be down all the way, not up all the way.

So, to you, is your Draft Lever down all the way?
Down all they way vs Up all the way varies among brands. With you owning a large Kubota I'm sure you know that desensitizing the Draft Control is done by moving the lever all the way down (the opposite of my MF 2660.) Normally Draft Control is desensitized to the point of usually not doing anything with the Draft lever in the specified position. In order to totally disable Draft Control you have to unlink the sensing mechanism. [In my case mechanically attaching the top link anchor to the tractor frame rather than the sensing spring.] So... I wonder if these guys using an M7040 have some sort of unusual or defective Draft sensing mechanism? Certainly 655Mac (and the OP way back) needs to answer your question first ...

/ Kubota M7040 three point hydraulic weirdness. Please help. #30  
Down all they way vs Up all the way varies among brands. With you owning a large Kubota I'm sure you know that desensitizing the Draft Control is done by moving the lever all the way down (the opposite of my MF 2660.) Normally Draft Control is desensitized to the point of usually not doing anything with the Draft lever in the specified position. In order to totally disable Draft Control you have to unlink the sensing mechanism. [In my case mechanically attaching the top link anchor to the tractor frame rather than the sensing spring.] So... I wonder if these guys using an M7040 have some sort of unusual or defective Draft sensing mechanism? Certainly 655Mac (and the OP way back) needs to answer your question first ...
Well, since it was said the lever should be up, I'm simply being polite and suggesting they might try lowering the draft lever.