Buying Advice Kubota M7040 advice

/ Kubota M7040 advice #11  
IMG-20130607-00325.jpg I have R1's

/ Kubota M7040 advice
thanks foreman. nice machine! those tires look far better than the standard skinnies.

/ Kubota M7040 advice #13  
Hey fellas...thanks so much for all the input!
Tx Jim, you got any hills down there? :) Great fuel economy...I'll be hard pressed not to run the M108 for running the discbine...we'll see.
3R, thanks for the heads up on foreman ET. you know if he's running R1s or 4s? The 8540 looks to be quite a bit more tractor than the 7040...i'm sure you love it. Cant you add the cast centers now? I did get a look at rjkobbeman's posts. Really thinking R4 is the way for me.
wmonroe, thanks for the heads-up on the width & tire size...I'll double check what setting that machine was on.
Rusty, as 3R states, it does look like the M7060 will offer the 12/12 as an option...or check this out .....maybe I'll convince the lil lady to move to nz so we can get one in an M40 version?? haha
http://www.kubota.co.nz/i/files/brochures/m40brochure.pdf
case245, thanks for that info. i'm actually not TOO worried about rolling it...it just felt like it was going going to. (not the best feeling in the world).

one more point on the R4s. With un-loaded tires and no weight, i've tackled some VERY steep hills, bushhogging with the L4330, 6' rotary without traction issues. I only run on those hills when the ground is firm and the dew is off.

Yeah, I could get cast centers, but we don't really need them, there have only been a couple of times they would have been handy in heavy pulling, and it seems like there is always something else on which to spend money, same with an air ride seat, extra set of remotes etc.

We run Industrial tires on our L5740 and a Massey Ferguson 375, only time we had traction issues was mucking out a pond, so you should be good to go with them.

/ Kubota M7040 advice #14  
thanks foreman. nice machine! those tires look far better than the standard skinnies.
The cost is 900 for the two fronts with rims and the ride is way better.
I also have it widened out 6in. Front and back and the rears loaded,doesn't feel tippy at all been threwalot with it,now the stock one will scare you,after been in the new one trying the same stuff.

7040s%7E8560.jpg

/ Kubota M7040 advice #15  
3R ive got the cast centers on my 7040 as well as 2 sets of remotes thanks to the salesmens oh oh.personllly i like the 4 speed tranny with the hi an low.brother ran it yesterday speading a load of sand.he likes the hydro shift as much as i do.

/ Kubota M7040 advice #16  
Like said, set those tires out farther and it'll feel like a different tractor. Loaded rears add a whole nother level of goodness! :)

/ Kubota M7040 advice #17  
3R ive got the cast centers on my 7040 as well as 2 sets of remotes thanks to the salesmens oh oh.personllly i like the 4 speed tranny with the hi an low.brother ran it yesterday speading a load of sand.he likes the hydro shift as much as i do.

I'm glad it is working out so well for you, we love the hydro shuttle on ours. We could probably have gotten by with an 8/8, but we are so use to the 12/12 on our other machines, I didn't want to go that route. It is funny how I run different gears than my sons doing the same things.

/ Kubota M7040 advice #18  
3R im the same way i set the gear i run in an leave it.an i also have a set rpm speed i run in.then my brothers use the tractor an dont put it back in the gear i run in working.

/ Kubota M7040 advice
Thanks again fellas. Any thoughts on running the M8540 sized R4s on the M7040?

For reference:
M7040 Recommended R1 Rears: 16.9-30 Diameter is 58.5", width 16.9" and weight is 174lb ea
M7040 Recommended R4 Rears: 16.9-24 Diameter is 50.6" width 17.4" and weight is 168lb ea

M8540 Recommended R4 Rears: 19.5L-24 Diameter is 51.8" width 19.1" and weight is 205lb ea

/ Kubota M7040 advice #20  
Do you need the R4's over the ags? Seems like you are going to be giving up a good amount of ground clearance and road speed even with the bigger R4's. I have nothing against them just playing a little devils advocate.