Kubota M6800 Cab Tractor Temp Sending Unit

/ Kubota M6800 Cab Tractor Temp Sending Unit #1  

treedawg

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Yanmar YM2000
Was mowing with my M6800 yesterday and the temp gauge died a few hours in. My Kubota has a bucket and that limits access under the hood. I removed the hood then the air intake but I still can’t find the sending unit. The next thing to remove is the exhaust system which I hope to avoid. Everything I find online says the sending unit is on the right side of the engine. Try as I might I can’t find it. Please help before I remove anything else in search of the sending unit.

/ Kubota M6800 Cab Tractor Temp Sending Unit #2  
Have you tried looking at the online Illustrated Parts List?
Kubotausa.com or some dealers websites.
Good Luck!

/ Kubota M6800 Cab Tractor Temp Sending Unit #3  
Was mowing with my M6800 yesterday and the temp gauge died a few hours in. My Kubota has a bucket and that limits access under the hood. I removed the hood then the air intake but I still can’t find the sending unit. The next thing to remove is the exhaust system which I hope to avoid. Everything I find online says the sending unit is on the right side of the engine. Try as I might I can’t find it. Please help before I remove anything else in search of the sending unit.
Look around near the thermostat housing.

/ Kubota M6800 Cab Tractor Temp Sending Unit #4  
Coolant temp. sensor is located in engine cylinder head next to fuel injector opposite side of head from exhaust ports

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-03 061533.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-03 061533.png
    168.1 KB · Views: 77
   / Kubota M6800 Cab Tractor Temp Sending Unit
Coolant temp. sensor is located in engine cylinder head next to fuel injector opposite side of head from exhaust ports
So based on that pic is located on the right rear of the block near the firewall..???

/ Kubota M6800 Cab Tractor Temp Sending Unit #6  
So based on that pic is located on the right rear of the block near the firewall..???
No offense intended you were close but no cigar due to engine block is below cylinder head. Coolant sensor is located at RH rear of engine cylinder head not engine block.

Now I’m more confused than ever. I worked late so I only had a few minutes before dark but I thought I’d located the sending unit hidden behind the alternator just to the right of the ac compressor behind the thermostat housing. Was going to pull the alternator tomorrow to gain access to the sending unit. Now I’m not sure what I was looking at.

/ Kubota M6800 Cab Tractor Temp Sending Unit #8  
You need to look for coolant temp sensor at the OPPOSITE END of engine from alternator, AC compressor or thermostat housing IE ""closer to tractor steering wheel than radiator""!!!!!

Temp sending unit was on the right rear of the block. I had to remove the hood, air intake and exhaust system to get access. Would have been nice had they put it near the front of the block where access would be much easier. Temp sending unit is circled to make it easier to ID in my pic.

Attachments

• 1C1D6371-74A6-45C2-80AB-EED56923E11D.jpeg
    1C1D6371-74A6-45C2-80AB-EED56923E11D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
   / Kubota M6800 Cab Tractor Temp Sending Unit #10  
Congratulations on locating engine coolant sensor!!

As I mentioned earlier on October 3(post #6) engine coolant sensor is located in rear of ""engine cylinder head"" not engine block!!!

Photo below is of cylinder head where coolant temp sensor is located with engine block below cyl head outlined with shaded lines.

Auto/tractor engineers normally don't repair their masterpieces so don't care if repair parts are easy or difficult to replace.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-18 055740.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-18 055740.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited: