Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)!

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #221  
A bit of a myth that rodents only chew soy based wiring. Sure, soy will increase odds.
Chewed wiring + nesting material = recipe for disaster in an engine compartment. Lots of secondary things that can burn hot.
I think it's more than just increasing the odds, but also the severity.

I strongly suspect that a rodent biting into PVC insulation will take one bite, decide it's not food or useable nesting material, and turn around. But when they bite into and realize it's food, they pull up a chair and a few friends for the feast.

1695907032340.png

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #222  
I think it's more than just increasing the odds, but also the severity.

I strongly suspect that a rodent biting into PVC insulation will take one bite, decide it's not food or useable nesting material, and turn around. But when they bite into and realize it's food, they pull up a chair and a few friends for the feast.

View attachment 823752
That assumes facts not in evidence. Science seems to agree that they chew for teeth maintenance or to remove obstacles, not just for food.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #223  
That assumes facts not in evidence. Science seems to agree that they chew for teeth maintenance or to remove obstacles, not just for food.

Hey, cool. We're all learning. Hence my use of "suspect", not "fact".

Thanks!

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #224  
Agree. No ill will intended at all.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)!
Update:

The inspector came to see the tractor back in August 2023 and we (i.e. lawyer) did not hear back until this week; basically they are not assuming any responsibility as they could not 100 percent determine that it was an electrical fire. Most likely it would be due due to "organic" mater on top of a hot engine.

Anyhow my lawyer is now filing a lawsuit as they could not prove either way.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #226  
lol... guilty until proven innocent!

"We cannot prove it was our fault."

Seems like they got the burden of proof backwards.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #227  
Or they are figuring the owner has the burden of proof in a court trial.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #228  
lol... guilty until proven innocent!

"We cannot prove it was our fault."

Seems like they got the burden of proof backwards.
In this case, they are the accused. The lawyer is accusing them of bad design or faulty manufacturing.

It is up to his lawyer to prove the company messed up, not the other way around.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #229  
I highly doubt you could finance through Kubota and not have KTAC. You really should check on that.
Actually, you can and I never insured any of my Kubota's with KTAC. I carry insurance on all my equipment through my farm policy.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #230  
In this case, they are the accused. The lawyer is accusing them of bad design or faulty manufacturing.

It is up to his lawyer to prove the company messed up, not the other way around.
Understood, that would normally be the case. But unless I'm misremembering the details of this old thread, didn't they muddy the waters by taking possession of the machine, and then essentially obstruct the owner's access to it during their own investigation?

Now the machine has been in the hands of the dealership for several months, it's less likely any evidence leading to proof of fault will be found, if it were ever there. I would think this has to be a big part of the lawyer's case, in removing that burden from the owner, since any relevant evidence could have been destroyed either accidentally or purposefully in the time since the accident.