Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)!

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #201  
I'd like to know what insurance company regards mice damage as vandalism. AFAIK, mice, rats, and squirrel damage is not covered, as they are rodents, which are specifically excluded in many/most insurance policies.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #202  
I'd like to know what insurance company regards mice damage as vandalism. AFAIK, mice, rats, and squirrel damage is not covered, as they are rodents, which are specifically excluded in many/most insurance policies.
I don't know about vandalism, but most insurance (not warranty) would cover damage from 'nature'. Ymmv

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #203  
Torvy,
I'm under the impression that "nature" would be wind storms, trees falling on insured property, hail damage, etc. Things like that. I don't think they regard rodent damage as nature.

If you get a chance, how about ask your insurance agent, and/or check your homeowners policy.

I know Allstate and State Farm exclude rodent damaged, and so I would think that all the major players do, as well.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #204  
I would treat state fram as the plague for the way they
treat people. Cancelling their insurance without letting
them know they don't have insurance. I spent 3 1/2 years
in Italy and had car insurance for over 3 years and state
farm would not insure us, they said you had to have 2 years
of car insurance before they would insure me.

willy

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #205  
well it's good they sent an inspector. I wish it was independent one. personal opinion depends on how it plays out... the damage done really wasn't that much. fix and sell fix what is needed to sell or part it out. I wouldn't try and skip out on the loan you have way too much to loose and way to much value to let it be repossessed.. if you walk away I suspect at auction and fees you would be 30 to 40% of the loan covered. suspect you can easily recoup 80+ fixing it maybe more.
I suspect Kubota will do something they may even use your machine as a learning example for engineering to make future improvements.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #206  
Torvy,
I'm under the impression that "nature" would be wind storms, trees falling on insured property, hail damage, etc. Things like that. I don't think they regard rodent damage as nature.

If you get a chance, how about ask your insurance agent, and/or check your homeowners policy.

I know Allstate and State Farm exclude rodent damaged, and so I would think that all the major players do, as well.
It really depends on what you are talking about. Allstate auto comprehensive covers damage from animals chewing on wires. Homeowners does not. Allstate does not have specific tractor insurance, but you could have a specific policy written using an umbrella policy and spell out what you want covered.

1000001445.jpg

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #208  
Nope. He may be able to sue his agent, but it is his responsibility to be sure he has coverage. If he was never billed, he knew he didn't have coverage.
I once ran into a similar insurance coverage situation on a $100k Freightliner OTR tractor at work. The new-ish truck was totaled in an accident. The insurance company said we had never had it added to the policy. 😳 I found the emails to and from our local insurance agent requesting coverage and his email response that he would add it. He failed to follow through but the insurance company honorEd the claim. Good faith on their part. 👍

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)!
Possibly mice... If you bought the machine on time , with payments I am surprised the dealer didn't insist on Insurance, just like when you buy a car or a house. 30K sounds ridiculous IMHO.The dealer should go to bat fro you as a warranty issue ...
The inspector told me that they do not use Soybean based wiring at Kubota so not likely.

Its been 4 weeks since they did the inspection but they never got back to my lawyer as they claimed they would.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #210  
Dealer showed no interest in investigating what caused the fire and spent maybe an hour printing out 200 or so parts that could be affected by a fire irrespective of wether they were even touched by the fire.
Does the dealer make PROFIT on the parts?
Since it seems the OP has at least moderately deep pockets me thinks the dealer is looking at a pile of slightly used parts that will be added to the dealers stash of parts by selling the OP new ones.
Surprised the dealer wasn't wanting to sell him new air for the tires.

Last edited: