Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)!

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #1  

fbitz777

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 7520 FWD Kubota L4310 M5660 M6060
9 month old tractor and I run it for maybe 10 minutes and notice that it has less power than usual
Anyhow I see smoke out in the hood area on top of engine. I open the hood and flames spread out all the way to fuse box and the dashboard (plastic)
I manage to douse off the fire and all the wiring is now bare and burnt to a crisp. The quote to repair is at least 30k which is close to what I paid (actually I still have 40 payments due)!

Question: What could have caused it (it was plastic/ wiring burning and super hot!)...not fuel related.
The dealer told me I need to turn to insurance co; i.e it is not covered by warranty!

Obviously I don't want to spend as much as a new tractor on this; besides the wiring and the dashboard cover everything looks like new! I am getting a 6060HD delivered in a few days as I can't wait to get a resolution to this....

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)!
Not sure... I ran the tractor the day before for an hour with a high load (7' brush hog in tall grass) so I would assume anything on top of engine would have fried.
On next morning it took only 10 minutes to start fire.
Someone mentioned that the clean? function might have been going one which gets things much hotter but I did not see that on the dashboard.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)!
Call KTAC, if you have it insured through them.
Unfortunately i did not insure (never had any claim in 30 years) but I should have since this was financed by Kubota

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #9  
Unfortunately i did not insure (never had any claim in 30 years) but I should have since this was financed by Kubota

Surely a finance company will not finance it without insurance! Is it just included in the finance charges and maybe you just didn't notice?