Kubota M.6040 FEL quick attach out of alignment

/ Kubota M.6040 FEL quick attach out of alignment #1  

Chaostamer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 w/ FEL & Kubota M6040 w FEL
Problem (as I see it but I am not mechanical): the left side cylinder for tilting the bucket is about 1" further out than the right. This forces the quick attach plate on that side to get out of whack and the attachments won't go on.

Yesterday I fed the cows. This requires grabbing a big 1000 # bale at the end (not the long side) and lift it over the feeder. We pulled the bale spear off and went to put the bucket on and no joy. The left side plate is clearly farther forward and the cylinder is as noted about an inch further out. Cycling the tilt to all the way down and back to all the way up did nothing. I looked at the pins, but I didn't see anything noticeably wrong...but then again I am not well versed in these matters.

Any help on identifying the actual problem and possible solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

/ Kubota M.6040 FEL quick attach out of alignment #2  
Usually folks report their tube is twisted causing one end to be higher then other. Not heard of this before.

Might try cracking open the line to release pressure (when off) and see if u can "persuade" it back in...

/ Kubota M.6040 FEL quick attach out of alignment #3  
Fully extending or retracting bucket cylinders should retime the quick attach plate UNLESS quick attach plate is warped. The timing rod between both sides of quick attach plate must be loose or twisted.

/ Kubota M.6040 FEL quick attach out of alignment
Thank you all for your thoughts. DK35vince I appreciate the link (I do not understand why my search prior didn't return that post).

As I understand it, the cylinders are likely T-ed together and if so they will move as the mechanics dictate. If that is the case, then I had to have twisted or bent the pipe connecting the two sides of the quick attach plates. Does that sound about right?
If that is right, it sounds like there are two fixes. One is to put the left plate against something immovable with a slight forward tilt and trying to "push" it back. That almost seems too simplistic. Does this work?
The second is to cut the alignment tube, get everything back in place and reweld the tube. Is that the best way to handle these things?

/ Kubota M.6040 FEL quick attach out of alignment #6  
I have read where several folks fixed theirs by your option 1 and forcing it back into alignment.

/ Kubota M.6040 FEL quick attach out of alignment #7  
Thank you all for your thoughts. DK35vince I appreciate the link (I do not understand why my search prior didn't return that post).

As I understand it, the cylinders are likely T-ed together and if so they will move as the mechanics dictate. If that is the case, then I had to have twisted or bent the pipe connecting the two sides of the quick attach plates. Does that sound about right?
If that is right, it sounds like there are two fixes. One is to put the left plate against something immovable with a slight forward tilt and trying to "push" it back. That almost seems too simplistic. Does this work?
The second is to cut the alignment tube, get everything back in place and reweld the tube. Is that the best way to handle these things?
Yes, sounds like you have a pretty good handle on what is wrong and how to fix it.

/ Kubota M.6040 FEL quick attach out of alignment
Okay, I tried setting the left "paddle" on a granite outcropping and pushed. I dug some great holes with the tractor tires but came up short. I then tried resting the paddle on the bucket and put downward pressure until I lifted the tractor up. No joy. Is it feasible and easy to just take this unit off and haul it to town to have it fixed or should I just take the whole tractor? Thoughts?

/ Kubota M.6040 FEL quick attach out of alignment #9  
If your loader has a SSQA such as my LA1153 the QA should unpin from loader boom & bucket cylinders very easily.

/ Kubota M.6040 FEL quick attach out of alignment #10  
Pictures?