Kubota loan lowers credit score VS PNC Loan raises credit score

/ Kubota loan lowers credit score VS PNC Loan raises credit score #1  

RoyKing

Platinum Member
Tractor
M7060HSC/18, RTV-X1100C
so have good credit score. 2017 I buy a new Ford finance for 60 months PNC gives me best rate, credit score climbed a few points. 2018 I use the car again to buy a Kubota rtv because I could get the best rate on car loan and had paid PNC off. This time used my credit union for best rate credit didn't change. Now everything is paid off again. So in April I buy a New Kubota tractor and use Kubota 0% deal my credit score drops 24 points. I have no debts and income is pension. Why did it drop?

/ Kubota loan lowers credit score VS PNC Loan raises credit score #2  
I have no debts and income is pension. Why did it drop?

As you are uncertain yourself why your credit score changed your thread title qualifies as calumny.

(cal-um-nee) Maliciously misrepresenting another's words or acts, causing injury to that person's reputation; or falsely charging another with a crime.

It may be financing your $40,000 Kubota tractor (+ implements?) represents more debt than your earlier Ford and RTV purchases. It may be your income decreased due to retirement. Resale on Ford reasonably known, if repossessed. Tractor difficult to repossess and resale difficult to assess. None of these factors relate to Kubota "0%" financing, as your thread title maliciously asserts.

Last edited:
   / Kubota loan lowers credit score VS PNC Loan raises credit score #3  
my credit score drops 24 points. I have no debts and income is pension. Why did it drop?

First off, your post is very hard to read due to lack of punctuation.

Second, 24 points is nothing. Mine varies by that much or more some months, but still averages about the same over the course of a year.

Third, ignore whatshisname.

/ Kubota loan lowers credit score VS PNC Loan raises credit score #4  
I have a Discover credit card and every month they report my credit score to me on my statement. It varies month to month for no particular reason that I can ascertain. Sometimes down 20 points one month then up 30 points the next. I try not to obsess on it. It always seemed ridiculous to me that paying off debt can make your credit score go down because your credit history doesnt show any steady payments being made. Never mind the fact that you may outright own your home, land, and whatever else.

/ Kubota loan lowers credit score VS PNC Loan raises credit score
maliciously asserts. My income actually rises every year, Car was the most $, been retired 10+ years. My point is the credit system weighted toward American banks, or statistical do 0% loans default more, is the asset more risk prone. You would think carrying KTAC would help. My score hasn't change that much in many years.

Just thought somebody here might have work for a underwriter and could shed light.

/ Kubota loan lowers credit score VS PNC Loan raises credit score #6  
maliciously asserts. My income actually rises every year, Car was the most $, been retired 10+ years. My point is the credit system weighted toward American banks, or statistical do 0% loans default more, is the asset more risk prone. You would think carrying KTAC would help. My score hasn't change that much in many years.

Just thought somebody here might have work for a underwriter and could shed light.

Number of hard queries (which they do before granting any credit)
Age of open credit lines (the shorter the more negative)
Number of open credit lines (they want a few, but none is as bad as to many)
Ratio of credit avalible to used (having lots of credit, but using little us good)

Most of those will negatively impact your credit score & most will be caused by taking out any loan. Kubota 0% or anything else. You probably want to learn what your credit score is based on if you are monitoring it & panicking when it changes.

/ Kubota loan lowers credit score VS PNC Loan raises credit score
Only thing that has changed from first loan to present is time. I'm not panicking just curious, do you think Equifax would say? I feel these reporting agencies should had to give full disclosure of the algorithm they are using. Your banks and brokers have to disclose and wouldn't seem fair that the companies that determine your cost of credit should have to also. I mean beyond the obvious, late fees, missed payments, ratio of payment to income. I may make a request and see what I get for an answer. One thing I heard from guy who helped with first loan was if I paid it off in less than year they would loose their origination fee the banks pays the dealer. I still think it could be because Kubota holds the note and has cut out the middle men, who usually bundle and sell notes. Sort of retaliation for screwing the middle men.

/ Kubota loan lowers credit score VS PNC Loan raises credit score #8  
So in April I buy a New Kubota tractor and use Kubota 0% deal my credit score drops 24 points. I have no debts and income is pension. Why did it drop?

If you are really interested as to why sign up for a Credit Karma account. Credit Karma will tell you what algorithm a reporting agency is using and what criteria the algorithm uses to generate your credit score.

Small number credit score swings are normal, large numbers are usually triggered by a big change. For example, I had a Home Depot credit card I took through one of their promos, it had a 10,000 credit limit. I never used the account again and after about two years, out of the blue my credit scrore drops by 46 points. I checked my Credit Karma account and discovered HD lowered my credit limit by 4,500 dollars. That is all it took, apparently it looked like a signal to other lenders I may be having money troubles.

I've since dumped all my non-bank issued credit cards and upped the credit limit on the two credit cards I use day to day to 20K. Now my normal monthly spending has less than a 3% usage of available credit and my credit score remains stable +- a couple of points.

/ Kubota loan lowers credit score VS PNC Loan raises credit score #9  
I've since dumped all my non-bank issued credit cards and upped the credit limit on the two credit cards I use day to day to 20K. Now my normal monthly spending has less than a 3% usage of available credit and my credit score remains stable +- a couple of points.

That can ding you too. 'Too much available credit' or some such silliness. They'll get you one way or another. Key is to not obsess over the rating month to month. I've added the tractor loan and a store credit card in the last 6-8 months. Number dropped between 40 and 120 points for the month following each new account opening but swung back up once payments began to show up on time. My 800+ dropped to about 680 or so the first month after I got the tractor loan, but bounced back to 800 within two months.

I need tires on one car and am trying to decide whether or not to open a tire store card where I can pay over 12 months with no interest. I could put them on one of my other cards and earn points/rewards, but that would mean paying $500 or so the next month since my rewards cards are paid off in full each month to keep from paying interest. I'm not sure I want to open a third account in less than a year though.

/ Kubota loan lowers credit score VS PNC Loan raises credit score #10  
Call the credit bureau and ask why.