Kubota L48 loud. Quieter muffler options?

/ Kubota L48 loud. Quieter muffler options? #21  
Look for a SuperTrap muffler to fit after the existing muffler. They clamp or weld on, have different inlet sizes from 1-inch through 2.5-inch in 1/8th inch increments, you can adjust the back pressure by adding or removing diffuser plates, and are certified as spark arrestors. They also are rebuildable, and cleanable, with every component available separately, including new packing.

And, I highly recommend ISOtunes noise dampening headphone with noise filtering and Bluetooth. Being able to listen to music, or answer the cell phone on the tractor, are big plusses. https://isotunes.com/

/ Kubota L48 loud. Quieter muffler options? #22  
I have a 2000 Kubota L48 with 1300 hours on it. As I get older I am more noise sensitive. Although I wear ear protection it seems like my tractor is so loud! My muffler appears to be intact but I am thinking of cutting open to see if it has fiberglass packing that needs to be replaced or if I can put in more baffles. I’ve also thought of using a quiet automotive muffler as well. Anyone here have any experience dealing with this type of issue?
Before you spend too much $, try better hearing protection and you might also consider have your hearing checked. My brother-in-law who is now 80 has his hearing start getting sensitive about 15 to 20 years ago. Today we have to talk very softly to him, anything loud makes him put his hands over his ears in pain. Hope that is not your case but just a thought to pass on. Fortunately for me I have a 2002 L3010 with about 700 hrs on it and the noise is not bad. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

/ Kubota L48 loud. Quieter muffler options? #23  
Squishy ear plugs and noise cancelling headphones
Party on

/ Kubota L48 loud. Quieter muffler options? #24  
Look for a SuperTrap muffler to fit after the existing muffler. They clamp or weld on, have different inlet sizes from 1-inch through 2.5-inch in 1/8th inch increments, you can adjust the back pressure by adding or removing diffuser plates, and are certified as spark arrestors. They also are rebuildable, and cleanable, with every component available separately, including new packing.

Supertraps don't muffler very well unless you only run a few discs, and then they don't flow well. Mufflers can be small, quiet or efficient. Pick two. Supertraps are small.

I'll agree with the folks suggesting hearing protection (and hearing tests for that matter). But you can also improve the muffler too and there's nothing saying you can't do both.

/ Kubota L48 loud. Quieter muffler options? #25  
IF YOU SCREW AROUND WITH CHANGING MUFFLERS IN ANY WAY,YOU MIGHT CHANGE THE BACK PRESSURE ON THE MOTOR WHICH COULD RUIN IT AND VOID THE WARRANTY---CHECK WITH THE DEALER FIRST--THERE MAY BE A RECALL OR A BETTER MUFFLER TO BUY THAT WOULD WORK
Back pressure is NOT a diesel issue unless the is too much of it.

No back pressure is a good thing for a diesel.

/ Kubota L48 loud. Quieter muffler options? #26  
Supertraps don't muffler very well unless you only run a few discs, and then they don't flow well. Mufflers can be small, quiet or efficient. Pick two. Supertraps are small.

I'll agree with the folks suggesting hearing protection (and hearing tests for that matter). But you can also improve the muffler too and there's nothing saying you can't do both.
Most SuperTraps get installed without the packing in them. They quiet right down with it in them.

/ Kubota L48 loud. Quieter muffler options? #27  
It seems like lthe M59 exhaust has gotten louder and developed an exhaust leak sound. Haven’t found a leak and suspect it may come thru the muffler? Bad baffle or packing?

Ordered a SS resonator but haven’t installed it yet.
EVIL ENERGY 2" Resonator Muffler Stainless Steel (2.0inch Inlet/Outlet, 13.8" Length) Amazon.com

Consider wrapping exhaust with heat wrap cloth tape. Might help with sound and under the hood heat.

/ Kubota L48 loud. Quieter muffler options? #28  
My experience with vehicles is that given similar muffler designs, the larger the internal volume the more sound reduction you get without sacrificing flow. I would find the largest internal volume muffler you can find that will fit your application. I personally like the Dynomax hemi super turbo line as they have been relatively quiet with good flow and are economical. Example Dynomax Performance 17789 Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers | Summit Racing

Exhaust temps can be checked under load before and after install with a touch less temp gun as IMO you don't need continuous monitoring. HF has them for cheap if you don't already have one:

/ Kubota L48 loud. Quieter muffler options? #29  
Before you start adding baffles and such, you need to find out what the exhaust requirements are for your tractor. I accidentally bought an IH muffler for a Ford tractor. You couldn't see through the IH but you could the Ford. The tractor wouldn't run with the IH and I had to go the expense of buying another muffler....the Ford model.
Back pressure is engineered on the engine and if you have too much…

/ Kubota L48 loud. Quieter muffler options? #30  
Maybe change whatever you are using for hearing protection first; might be quicker and cheaper.

I use a padded headset (like headphones) that cover both ears in full - works very well for me on all of my equipment. It would probably work even better if I got newer ones with thicker padding, but these work well for me.

Just a thought….
Agreed. I use 3m Bluetooth hearing protectors so I can listen to tunes while I’m tractoring! 😎