Kubota L48 Dash removal

/ Kubota L48 Dash removal
You haven't stated what your problem is with your L48 and why you think you need to replace the relay. There are a number of L48 owners here, and others with similar engines and controls that may be able to help you.

Does it not start when cold? Were are you located - state/region, so we know if its cold/hot etc. How long have you owned the L48 etc. in other words, more details please.
I noticed this morning that when I tried to start the tractor, the yellow glow plug lamp did not come on and it was difficult starting with smoke in exhaust; so I assume the glow plugs system was not operative. It did eventually start and ran fine. I’m in NC and it was about 35 degrees. I’m the original owner since 2002 when I bought the L48. I couldn't find if there was a fuse in this GP circuit. Thank you for any thoughts.

/ Kubota L48 Dash removal #12  
. . . I couldn't find if there was a fuse in this GP circuit. Thank you for any thoughts.
If it is like my L3240 there is a slow blow fuse in the glow plug relay circuit. Another useful tidbit that shows up in the wiring diagram (in the WSM) for your machine.

Last edited:
If it is like my L3240 there is a slow blow fuse in the glow plug relay circuit. Another useful tidbit that shows up in the wiring diagram (in the WSM) for your machine.
Great although it’s a different machine where would the slow blow fuse be located, I could not find one yet?

Great although it’s a different machine where would the slow blow fuse be located, I could not find one yet?
Yea, I don’t have one nor would know 90% of what it contains….hence this forum…do GP circuits utilize slow blow fuses and if so where do they hide them….?

/ Kubota L48 Dash removal #15  
Yea, I don’t have one nor would know 90% of what it contains….hence this forum…do GP circuits utilize slow blow fuses and if so where do they hide them….?
Then you are at the mercy of L48 owners who can provide you info you need.

/ Kubota L48 Dash removal #16  
The Messick's site has very complete pictures and parts. It even shows the new and old versions of the glow plug relays and controllers. From message #6: Kubota #16415-65600 RELAY, GLOW PLUG

What we ae missing is a schematic.
rScotty

/ Kubota L48 Dash removal #17  
The Messick's site has very complete pictures and parts. It even shows the new and old versions of the glow plug relays and controllers. From message #6: Kubota #16415-65600 RELAY, GLOW PLUG

What we ae missing is a schematic.
rScotty
The Messicks site is helpful but incomplete.

Any one who want to or needs to work on there own machine should avail themselves of the info in the WSM for their machine. The wiring schematic and troubleshooting procedures are contained therein.

Otherwise one is just a parts replacer vs being a knowledgable worker.

/ Kubota L48 Dash removal #19  
Looking at the schematic if it cranks/runs its not the 50A slow blow fuse, but there is a 10 A fuse on the circuit - likely on the main fuse board you could check,

So your initial assessment of the glow relay may be accurate but also the search engine here on TBN will yield some very good information. L48 Glow Plug

This is just one - there is more. So search L48 Glow Plugs.

Here is schematic for the L48 starting system.
Thank you. I see a 10A fuse in the GP circuit on this diagram. Are all the fuses in the fuse panel box? No 10A are are blown but I don’t see one feeding the panel light as shown. I would like to ask are there other 10 amp fuses hidden somewhere else besides the fuse panel box?