Buying Advice Kubota L39 or JD 3320

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #1  

sparker133

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Deere 4320 cab, 180 loader, 485 backhoe, 2021 Deere 1023e, Vermeer trencher, 2022 Deere 26g
I just sold my dx45 tractor and looking for a different one. My wife and I decided to get a zero turn mower instead of a deck on a tractor. So now that I don't need a tractor to cut grass, just brush mow till and do loader work. I have to decide witch will work best. I looked at a L39 with 250 hr on it for a very good price but know nothing about them. I also looked a JD3320 with a 300cx loader with 125hr on it for a very good price. I was looking for a ehydro and this one has the power reverse tans and dont know that much about them either. Can you guy help me out.

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #2  
You are not comparing the same class of machines...

The L39 is a commercial duty TLB (Tractor, Loader, Backhoe) While the 3320 is a medium framed CUT (Compact Utility Tractor)

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #3  
Yep... not a good comparison of equipment types. How many acres? Brush mowing and (roto?) tilling and loader work; gives the impression at least, of smaller areas and not exceptionally hard tractor work.

If that's the case - the 3320 would likely fit the bill.

If you're working in some tough conditions and you need a heavier duty machine; the L39 would be a better choice.

AKfish

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320
I have 5acres but i take it north to my mom house to take care of of a mile of road. I brush mow it and grade it out. I also move pallets around at my house 2000lbs of wood pellets. I also till up a 50 by 100 ft garden and take care of it.

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320
also the l39 i am looking at does not have the backhoe on it.

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #6  
That would account for the low price, I'd expect that to be a tough resell. I've not seen an L39 without the hoe.

Joel

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #7  
If the prices are similar I'd opt for the kubota. Who cares if it doesn't have a backhoe. It is just a really heavy built 40HP tractor.

The 3320 will do everything you need except the 2000lb pallets.

It seems that JD's website hasn't been the greatest for awhile now. It has been a long time since I have been able to look at their loader specs online.

But if I am rembering correctly, I think the 300cx loader can only lift ~1500lbs @ the pins. I even with the bucket off and pallet forks on, those pallets are going to be a good 24" out there. At best, you'ld have to break the pallets in half, and have some pretty good weight out back to keep the rears down.

The L39 Is rated for 2200 @ the bucket bottom mid point. You will still probabally need pallet forks as opposed to clamp ons, but it will handle it.

If weight is a factor, such as treading across soft lawn, the 3320 would probabally be your best bet as it weighs about half as much. (Kubota lists the L39 @ 6900lbs with the BH, but with out???, maybe 5200-5500???). But that extra weight would be better for any ground engaging work like digging, grading, etc. But the extra weight might be a ninderance when tilling and bushhogging.

You have to deterine what is the most important. If you dont want the weight, and can live with making the pallets smaller, the 3320 will work. If lifting the pallets is an absolute must, then the L39 is what you will need, without considerin larger tractors.

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #9  
Interesting...Does it have all of the 3PH parts then?

That is a real good point. The 3pt parts are real expensive so make sure they are there.

You may also want to look compare the slowest operating speed for both tractors. Tilling can require very slow speeds.

MarkV

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #10  
If they are about the same price I'd get get the L39. Just remember, your not going to be able to take the loader off. It's not a quick tach, it's built as part of the tractor.