KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #1  

YARRA VALLEY

Tractor
KUBOTA MX5100
I am thinking of buying a L3800HD and seeking feedback from anyone who has a L3800 HD with 4 in 1 FEL and BH77 and how strong the BH is compared to others. All opinions are welcomed.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST
Whatever you decide on, make sure the backhoe is a sub frame mount
Thank you for your response 5030 Do you mean what the dealer is adding ...BH4988 Sub Frame Kit for L3200/3800? Do you believe the BH77 us a useful BH?

He is also offering BT1976 Six Position Mech Thumb suit BH77 but not sure how it would work effectively. Can you advise?

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #4  
I have a L3700SU..Basically the same tractor as the L3800.The BH77 is decent..But you will find out quickly that the tractor itself could be heavier so that it dosent get thrown around by the ho. The seating on th BH is tight..im 6-2 and I'm uncomfortable in it.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #5  
I have a L3700SU..Basically the same tractor as the L3800.The BH77 is decent..But you will find out quickly that the tractor itself could be heavier so that it dosent get thrown around by the ho. The seating on th BH is tight..im 6-2 and I'm uncomfortable in it.
I think that is a problem all across the asian tractor market. They build for smaller people.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #6  
I am thinking of buying a L3800HD and seeking feedback from anyone who has a L3800 HD with 4 in 1 FEL and BH77 and how strong the BH is compared to others. All opinions are welcomed.
Also, I don't have the 4/1 bucket but i do have a grapple that i use frequently. That setup works well.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #7  
I don’t think I’d add a 4-1 bucket to that setup. 4-1s are expensive. Likely more so than a dedicated bucket plus a separate grapple. They’re also heavy and they aren’t very good at grappling. A Kubota tractor backhoe is the best in the industry IMO. That being said it’s still a tractor backhoe. It’s a long ways from being a mini excavator.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #8  
I use the heck out of my BH92. Get the mechanical thumb. It’s not anywhere near a mini X in capabilities but most of us aren’t digging to 10’. You’ll find all kinds of useful projects. My BH stays on from June-Sept. and it’s a beast! On the 92 you can relocate the seat back a little to gain some room, not sure on the 77.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #9  
I had a BH77 on my old L3430 and found it to be a decent hoe. It was considerably better than the Woods 3pt hoe I had on my L3010. I use a BH92 now behind my MX5800 which is a bit stronger than the BH77.

No experience with the 4 in 1 bucket though. Too pricey for what it does IMO.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #10  
I had a L3200, same machine minus 6hp. It was a good machine for what it was. I've since upgraded to a L4060 for a cab. I came to appreciate the extra weight. Double the price, so not really a fair comparison.

A L3200 was a good match power to weight up here in Colorado, where we suffer a 20% oxygen & HP penalty. A L3800 will have more power than traction. Great for mowing & PTO work, overkill for anything relying on traction.

A 4 in 1 bucket is heavy & expensive. Cuts into your lift capacity a lot & pocket book more. A small loader doesn't doze or push well. You'd be better off going with a grapple if that's what you need. Get a box blade or back blade for moving dirt. You'll need a 3rd function or diverter on the loader for either, which adds a fair bit cost wise.

The economy Ls are light. The limiting factor on how much they can lift is ballast. I nearly rolled mine, lifting big square bales. Had a rotary cutter & and a couple of 50lbs bags of something on the back. Was still not enough weight. Every machine has a weak point, so just be mindful.