Price Check Kubota L3240 Price Check Please

/ Kubota L3240 Price Check Please #1  

jadkins223

Tractor
Searching for my 1st. Need advice.
Hello,

We are in Tulsa, OK area. Just bought 5 acres. Need to maintain 500 foot driveway, move dirt and brush hog. My neighbor has a Kubota l3240 4x4 shuttle shift, 650 hours, front end loader, 6 ft. brush hog and he said he would sell it to me for 10K because he wants a 50 HP kubota. From what I have researched, it's a good deal? Its been well kept and was his put-around tractor. He has big tractors he uses for his big tasks.

/ Kubota L3240 Price Check Please #2  
hours matter but what year, is there a cab. Bruch hog alone if its nice shape is probably worth around grand give or take

/ Kubota L3240 Price Check Please
pretty sure it s 2007 no cab

/ Kubota L3240 Price Check Please #4  
That's a good deal on a very nice tractor.

/ Kubota L3240 Price Check Please #5  
I'd be looking for a HST vs the shuttle shift and I'd make sure it has a quick detach on the FEL. You will want other things up front besides a bucket, like pallet forks and maybe a grapple, and did I mention pallet forks? A 6' brush cutter is a little big for a 3240, but that is just an opinion. It really depends on what you are cutting. My l3940 struggled to pull a 72" brush cutter in moderately thick grass going up an incline. I had to slow down a lot which is much easier with a HST. The price isn't too bad if the cutter is in good shape and he did the maintenance/fluid changes per schedule. Ag tires will tear up your lawn so if you are planning to use it near the house, keep that in mind. R4's or turfs are much better on turf, but in the field you will want ag tires. I don't usually buy things from a neighbor. If the deal doesn't work out to everyone's satisfaction, well, you can't pick your neighbors and you could be stuck with them for a long time.

/ Kubota L3240 Price Check Please #6  
I'd be looking for a HST vs the shuttle shift and I'd make sure it has a quick detach on the FEL. You will want other things up front besides a bucket, like pallet forks and maybe a grapple, and did I mention pallet forks? A 6' brush cutter is a little big for a 3240, but that is just an opinion. It really depends on what you are cutting. My l3940 struggled to pull a 72" brush cutter in moderately thick grass going up an incline. I had to slow down a lot which is much easier with a HST. The price isn't too bad if the cutter is in good shape and he did the maintenance/fluid changes per schedule. Ag tires will tear up your lawn so if you are planning to use it near the house, keep that in mind. R4's or turfs are much better on turf, but in the field you will want ag tires. I don't usually buy things from a neighbor. If the deal doesn't work out to everyone's satisfaction, well, you can't pick your neighbors and you could be stuck with them for a long time.

Sometimes a good deal is worth sacraficing somethings you may want, but usually never things you need, dont know what this guy needs or wants. Frankly sometimes people are on a budget and you get the best you can get with that budget, which means sacrificing. This seems like a good deal, but like you said I dont buy stuff from neighbors or friends.

/ Kubota L3240 Price Check Please #7  
at 10k with loader and brush cutter it sounds like a good deal and should do fine for 5 acres. i used to have a l3240 hst and it had no issues while i owned it but i did feel it was a bit underpowered for its size.
pulled a 6ft brush cutter fine unless i got in real heavy stuff. i traded it in on a new l3940 hst which i thought was a well balanced power to weight tractor. i have since moved
to a bigger heavier tractor which i am quite satisfied with.

/ Kubota L3240 Price Check Please #8  
Personally I'd pass. A synchronized shuttle on a small tractor is kind of a pain in the behind. Clutching gets old pretty quick if you are not use to driving one. I drove one for about ten years and my brother still has one.

/ Kubota L3240 Price Check Please #10  
Sounds like a very good deal to me.
I have a shuttle shift and I like it just fine.