Kubota L3130 front 4wd differential is leaking...do you have to remove the whole axle

/ Kubota L3130 front 4wd differential is leaking...do you have to remove the whole axle #1  

tractortroof

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota b2650
It's leaking at the seal where the drive shaft goes into the differential. I see how to take the shaft out (pinned couplers) that's easy. but it surely appears that the whole axle has to come off to get to the seal. The repair manual is clear as mud. Thanks for any help.

/ Kubota L3130 front 4wd differential is leaking...do you have to remove the whole axle #2  
My b7500 was leaking from that same spot. Just unbolt the two end caps that hold the axle in place and it will come right out, takes maybe 30 minutes tops to get the axle off.

Install new seals and go back togeather. IMG_20200703_153438.jpgIMG_20200703_162957.jpgIMG_20200703_163151_01.jpg

/ Kubota L3130 front 4wd differential is leaking...do you have to remove the whole axle #3  
   / Kubota L3130 front 4wd differential is leaking...do you have to remove the whole axle #4  
Excellent first reply. Good job gtbensley!
I couldn't find much info when I did mine....wanted others to know how easy it turned out to be.

/ Kubota L3130 front 4wd differential is leaking...do you have to remove the whole axle #5  
Wow!!
Excellent, way to go.
Devildog

/ Kubota L3130 front 4wd differential is leaking...do you have to remove the whole axle
I replaced it twice (second time had a friend who is a diesel mechanic do it for me) it still leaked. I sold it for a bargain, that tractor had been in a fire and was my first. I abused it and neglected too many little things.
Bought a brand new L3901. Pretty nice.