Kubota L3130 2WD.

/ Kubota L3130 2WD. #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
I have been thinking about upsizing a little. The Farmi winch is a little heavy for my Cub Cadet. Wheelies on motorcycles are cool. Wheelies on tractors are not.
I have been looking at Green and Orange. I need more PTO power and a heavier tractor to run a winch and a hydraulic-feed chipper.
I am probably going to keep my Cub for loader work for a couple of reasons: 1). I still like it, 2). Nobody will give me squat for it on trade-in /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Anyway, I was thinking 3130 2WD R1 (ag) tires with a stack of weights on the front. I am not worried about getting stuck.
Is this tractor enough HP to run a winch and chipper effectively?
I do not care about bells and whistles. I like hydro, but don't need it. I don't want another old tractor because I want to use it and not spend lots of time fixing it (going to sell my 200 to my brother-in-law to make space). The only JD I will consider is the 990. The 10 and 20 seies are too expensive.
I pretty much know what I want, but need you guys as a sounding board. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota L3130 2WD.
I forgot to ask: "What's a good ballpark figure for this tractor?" The only options I want are front end weights, loaded tires and a rear outlet. Thanks!

/ Kubota L3130 2WD. #3  
You should be looking at one of Kubota's basic L series tractors. The L2800 or L3400. These are your basic gear drive tractors with out the bells and whistles.

L3400F 2WD tractor w/ Ag tires,
1 hyd.remote valve,and (5)55 lb. front weights
and ridgid ROPS List Price $13155.00

/ Kubota L3130 2WD. #4  
The 3130 is enough tractor for the winch and should be enough tractor for the chipper as well. Our books say 15 to 40 hp for a Farmi/Valby 140 chipper. Just remember that hydraulic feed adds about $3K over manual if you use tractor hydraulics and if you need chipper mounted pump then it is about double the cost of the chipper. For anyone that is interested we have a 3130 2wd on the ground and ready to go.

/ Kubota L3130 2WD.
I may sell my Cub outright. If I do, then I may go 4WD w/a loader. I don't know if the 2WD L series are heavy enough for loader work. I am still pondering my options. Regardless, I still need (want) a bigger machine). I think orange may win out over green, even though I prefer the color green. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Kubota L3130 2WD. #6  
Green

I used my L3130 HST w/723 FEL today loading crushed gravel out of a stockpile and dumping and leveling on one of my camp roads. Use 4 WD when driving into the pile, otherwise the rear wheels spin and rut (R4 tires). Had a 1952 AC WD w/Loader and trip bucket and just got tired of operating it (no power steering or live hydraulics). I'm no expert at loading, but able to get the job done. Attaching a pic of the average size bucket load I get.

penokee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 527208-bolt-on grapple - bucket filled with gravel.jpg
    527208-bolt-on grapple - bucket filled with gravel.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 242
   / Kubota L3130 2WD. #8  
I also have the L3130HST, LA723 loader and have been moving a tons of top soil and a lot of clay gravel fill, along with a lot of large rocks left over from building my new 40 x 60 shop last summer. All I can say is after more than 30 hours of loader work it been great. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Steve