Price Check Kubota L2501 (2017)

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #22  
Again, thanks for all the input. I have to admit, with a lot of angst we went ahead and purchased the tractor. We had a mechanic from one of the local dealers check it out and he gave it a thumbs up. Like mentioned above it did clean up nicely. I'm a bit envious of my brother-in-law who just plopped $28K down on a L3901, but I wanted my purchase to start with a 1.

View attachment 635220

I would say that you got one he11 of a deal!

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #23  
Looks great! It’s not unusual to see low hour 2501’s here as people will decide right away need more hp like we did

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #24  
Nice looking tractor! Looks brand new! Great price too!

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #25  
Again, thanks for all the input. I have to admit, with a lot of angst we went ahead and purchased the tractor. We had a mechanic from one of the local dealers check it out and he gave it a thumbs up. Like mentioned above it did clean up nicely. I'm a bit envious of my brother-in-law who just plopped $28K down on a L3901, but I wanted my purchase to start with a 1.

View attachment 635220
Are you sure you own it? If it was financed and not paid for you do not own it. Sorry if I missed the answer to this question, just seeing this thread now.

Looks fantastic!

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #26  
Goeduck what kind of comment is that. I get the impression that the OP purchased the L2501 outright, but did not want to plop down $28k on a tractor like his BIL.

In any event, even if a tractor is financed you own it. It may be subject to a security interest from a lender, but you own it. Just like your home. Some people may finance a home purchase. They own the home, subject to a lender's security interest. Called a mortgage in our parts.

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #27  
^^^^ If it was financed by the person he bought it from and if the person he bought it from did not pay off the loan, the OP would not own the tractor.

There have been a number of threads on this subject. When the deal seems too good to pass up, the advice has been to make sure the person you are buying it from has paid off any loans on it. First stop would be to check with the financing arm of Kubota.

There was one member that was out $20some K if I recall correctly. No recourse, the tractor was repossessed.

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #28  
There are no titles on these things, other than guessing Kubota credit, how could one know what banks or finance companies to research?
I guess any lien would have to be recorded at the courthouse where the owner (whoever that could be) resides? Or would the lien be recorded in the county of the selling dealer?

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #29  
It can be recorded anywhere, but generally in the county where the owner is located.

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #30  
The original person would not have owned the tractor if he had a loan on it until he paid it off. If it was financed through Kubota and if the second person takes the tractor in to a Kubota dealer for service the serial number would likely be flagged.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...g/190207-buying-outstanding-loan-tractor.html

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/38034-buying-used-check-liens.html

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/317163-selling-tractor-do-i-have.html