KUBOTA L245DT loader broken.

/ KUBOTA L245DT loader broken. #1  

2458n

Veteran Member
After 30+ years of use my model 1200 died. The shaft that takes power from the crank to the front mounted hyd. pump has gone out. Worn out. No parts are available to repair. Is this in fact True? Do I have to go to a shop and have the shafts special made? Any ideas would be welcome.

/ KUBOTA L245DT loader broken. #2  
I had a 175DT that did that. I took it to a machine shop and they cut a new keyway on the other side of the shaft and I was good to go. I'm sure she can be saved somehow.

/ KUBOTA L245DT loader broken. #3  
I just might have one. How long is the shaft and how many bolts hold it on the crank shaft? Can you post a picture and what state do you live in?

/ KUBOTA L245DT loader broken.
The connection that is worn out goes to the hyd. pump shaft. It Is worn as well as the shaft on the pump shaft. The key way just rolls. The shaft is a two piece unit and is connected in the middle using a 40 double roller chain. This allows for any miss alinement of the shafts. Thank you for the suggestion of cutting a new keyway. Sorry can not post picture. Dayton, Ohio.

/ KUBOTA L245DT loader broken.
Today progress was made on getting the hyd. pump hooked back up to the crankshaft. The sprocket was found at a TSC. Grainger supplied 2inch by3/4 id collar with keyway. The hard part was finding a 4 inch piece of 3/4 inch round stock with a keyway. Ended up using half of a rear axle out of a riding mower. Right diameter and had the needed keyway. When Grainger gets my part I am hoping for a Monday noon fix.

/ KUBOTA L245DT loader broken. #6  
Mine isn't like you need by what you are saying.