Kubota L2201DT

/ Kubota L2201DT #1  

alvanko

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM186D & Ford LGT14D Dixon Z BX2200D Kubota
I have the opertunity to buy a Kubota L2201DT . Can anyone tell me the horsepower at the engine and PTO ? What is the closest American equalivant ? Are parts available ? Manuals available in english ?? I need to know ASAP because the owner is holding it for me to decide if I will buy it . He wants $5000 for it but would take $4500 from me because he needs some favors done on his other equipment . Would this be a good price to pay ?Any pro's/con's to this model ? I have used it before and it runs and operates good . Sheetmetal is a little bent but in fair condition for a 25 year old tractor .

/ Kubota L2201DT #2  
alvanko, the 2201DT should have the D1101 engine and is most similar to the American L245DT. The DT has 4 wheel drive. I have a L2201, which is the 2WD version of the tractor you are considering. You can find some pictures of it in this forum. Engine hp is 24, PTO hp is 22. Most L245 parts should interchange, especially those associated with the engine. The 2201 has an extra PTO gear, so the transmissions may not be identical. The L245 user and parts manuals are available and will be very helpful. Price depends on a lot of factors (hours, cosmetics, whether it was maintained properly, tire condition, region of country, etc). Without seeing the tractor I don't think anyone is willing to comment on whether or not $4500 is a good price. In my area, I see 4WD Yanmars with approx 1000 hrs in this hp range for around $4000. The only downside to these models is somewhat narrow rear wheel spacing and dead PTO. You might also note the rear tire size and see if it is commonly available, especially if they are close to replacement. The 8x22's on the L2201 are only manufactured by Firestone.

/ Kubota L2201DT #3  
alvanko, there is a used tractor price guide at machinerylink.com. According to this site, a 1982 L245DT in premium condition is valued at $4473, while good and fair condition tractors are valued at $3994 and $3456, respectively. Condition is defined below.

Premium - Excellent condition - little evidence of wear, good running condition with low hours of use. Size, type of equipment in demand.

Good - Clean, attractive condition - properly maintained and mechanically sound with average hours of use. May need minor cosmetic and/or mechanical repairs.

Fair - Below average condition - areas worn and faded even after cleanup. Scratches and chips in paint evident. Some mechanical repairs needed, parts missing or broken. Significant tire wear indicating high hours and severe usage.

/ Kubota L2201DT
Thank you for the reply ! As of today I told the guy selling it that I can't swing it right now . In a few weeks I will renegotiate with him and try to get him down to $4000 . It would be considered to be in fair condition . Runs and operates good but needs some TLC . I may also try to talk him into throwing in an implement (rear scoop,finish mower). Thanks for the American cross-over . You are correct about the PTO speeds , it has 4 speeds . Tires are new ,He just replaced them all , new starter , and the front axle was rebuilt 2 years ago . Cosmeticly it needs all the sheet metal repaired and painted (I am a body man) and the chassis power washed . Mechaniclly it needs all fluid and filters changed and a new tach cable . Your right about the Yanmars tractors being priced lower and I too have seen on the internet , Yanmar tractors with loaders for $5000-$6000 .
But the shipping would make it too cost prohibitive . The Kubota is 4 miles down the road . I'll let you know what I decide . Thanks again .

/ Kubota L2201DT
I ended up buying that L2201DT. Got it for less than I thought I would . I have used this tractor a few times before over the last 3 years and I know it runs and operates ok . However , when I went to pull it off the trailer today,after picking it up,I noticed oil leaking around the pto shaft . Turns out the pto shaft is bent,the housing that holds the bearing is broken,and the "C" clip that holds the bearing in the housing is also bent. I'm sure the neighbor I bought it from will buy the parts for me if I repair it . I don't have the parts or service manual and need to find parts . Is this something I can get locally if I tell them it is for an L245DT or not ? Can any of the dealers who visit here get me these parts fairly quickly ? Could some one scan in the parts breakdown so I know I'm ordering all the parts I need ? also ,How does the pto shart come out of the rear end housing? The bearing is still on the pto shaft and I can"t see behind it. Hope I don't need to disassemble the whole rearend!!!!!! If anyone can help me please post message here or E-Mail me at allan_j@juno.com

/ Kubota L2201DT
My local dealer has a service manual for an L245DT . Would this bee the correct book for my L2201DT ?