Kubota just issued a recall on the XG850 side by side...

/ Kubota just issued a recall on the XG850 side by side... #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
And it's serious. Has to do with the steering shaft shearing away from the electric steering mechanism.

WARNING: TO AVOID PERSONAL INJURY, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY STOP USING THE AFFECTED MACHINES UNTIL THE UNIT HAS BEEN INSPECTED AND/OR REPAIRED, AS UNDER SOME CONDITIONS THE STEERING SHAFT CAN SHEAR.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR AUTHORIZED KUBOTA DEALER FOR INSPECTION AND REPAIR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Why have you received this Mandatory Campaign (Product Recall) notice?

This notice is to advise you of Kubota’s findings and to advise you to Stop the Use of your RTV-XG850 until your unit can be inspected and, if necessary, repaired.

What was wrong?
The steering shaft on the RTV-XG850 may shear due to misalignment of the electric power steering support bracket on the frame. Shearing of the steering shaft causes a loss of steering, which can cause a loss of machine control.

What to do?
Please reach out to your authorized Kubota Dealership to arrange for an inspection, and if necessary, a timely repair of your unit.

/ Kubota just issued a recall on the XG850 side by side... #2  
Just at Kubota dealer this morning. Asked about them. Not a single one on the lot. 6mo waiting list. Hope they can get the parts for the current owners. Didn’t mention the recall but didn’t know either.

/ Kubota just issued a recall on the XG850 side by side...
I talked to Dennis (the dealership head tech), he actually called me and told me the recall involves either replacing the bracket that mounts the steering module or adding shims.

Seems as though the bracket was made improperly on some of them I went out and looked at ours and it don't look out of alignment to me but it still has to be inspected by the dealer.

We've actually had 4 recalls on it since we bought it but none of the recalls have impacted ours. Dennis came out to the farm for the other recalls and none of them applied to our unit, but as with any factory recall, a certified Kubota technician has to do it. We really like the machine. It's not slow like the diesel ones are, very peppy and we got ours with a top and full fold down windshield, mud flaps front and rear and a 5000 pound remote control winch. We were going to get the hydraulic bed lift but didn't. The bed is very easy to lift to dump, loaded or not loaded.

Good around the farm buggy, we use it all the time.

/ Kubota just issued a recall on the XG850 side by side...
If our bracket is lopperjawed, I'm pretty sure Dennis will let me make the necessary adjustments to it in my shop to make it in alignment. Probably a bit of gas axe work.

Fixed a few backhoes for him over the last year with mis aligned weldments and I just repaired a muffler assembly for a Case Magnum he was working on. A new muffler and turbo outlet assembly lists for 1300 bucks. I fixed it for 100 bucks and that made the customer very happy.

They were a Case IH franchise years ago until Case pulled out but they retain the customer base anyway and Dennis is real good with Axial Flow combines.