Oil & Fuel Kubota Hydraulic Filter?

/ Kubota Hydraulic Filter? #1  

stantonovitch

Tractor
New Holland T2220
Hi. I have a New Holland T2220 HST, which uses 2 hydraulic filters. The hydraulics filter is 84475483 (was 87300043). In the past I've found WIX 57098 to be a cross-reference replacement, and less expensive, and easier to find.

I'm looking to replace the filter(s) again, and in my search for a WIX 57098 from auto parts stores, I saw some critical customer feedback mentioning how disappointed they were that the WIX 57098 was not a good replacement for the Kubota HHTA0-37710 because it didn't have the magnet. That made me start searching for more information. The WIX 57098 is listed as a cross-reference for both the CNH and Kubota filters. It looks like CNH and WIX filters don't have a magnet, but the Kubota filter does have a fairly big one, as seen here:

<I can't post links yet>
messicks.com/part/hhta0-37710/hydraulic-oil-filter

newhollandrochester.com/shop/new-holland/84475483/
(2nd view)

ebay.com/p/193347595

Unfortunately I have not been able to find specifications for these filters to understand if the 3 are cross-compatible. But it seems that if they are equivalent, a magnet would be a big benefit, and so I'd be inclined to use the Kubota filter.

Does anyone have experience or thoughts here?

/ Kubota Hydraulic Filter? #2  
Just on the magnet piece, when I did my 50hr service on my Kubota MX-4700 noticed the robust big magnet on the hyd filter. I replaced mine with Kubota OEM filter and the replacement did have the magnet. If your concern is the magnet only then you can just take it off the old OEM magnet very easily and reuse. I did not pitch mine as it was a good magnet and it is stuck to a metal tool chest for future needs when that arrive.

Obviously you have the check the geometry fo WIX vs Kubota to see if magnet fits and you can get a tight seal without impeding oil flow.

/ Kubota Hydraulic Filter? #3  
Just a thought because I've seen others do this with cars is to buy rare earth magnets and stick them to the bottom of the oil filter. 6 for $5 at Home Depot.

Also I drilled out an old drain plug and replaced the weak magnet with a good one then sealed it with JB Weld.

Attachments

• MagneticPlug.jpg
    MagneticPlug.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 98
   / Kubota Hydraulic Filter? #4  
Just a thought because I've seen others do this with cars is to buy rare earth magnets and stick them to the bottom of the oil filter. 6 for $5 at Home Depot.

Also I drilled out an old drain plug and replaced the weak magnet with a good one then sealed it with JB Weld.

I like it. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota Hydraulic Filter? #5  
Yep, I always stick magnets on my filters ... bought some long thin rare earth bar magnets about 3/8" wide, 3" long and just stick them to the side of the filter.