Kubota - how big?

/ Kubota - how big? #11  
Hey Glen, you're just agreeing with me./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I said the biggest thing you can afford and have room to maneuver. Now, if we just knew before we bought the tractor all the places we were going to try to get into. And of course, I have a 2710 also and it met both criteria; it's about all I could afford, and about as tall as will fit through the shop door./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Kubota - how big?
Sometimes if that 2710 were any taller I couldn't crawl back into the seat towards the end of the day. By the way bird, check my reply to one of your earlier post about wearing a seatbelt, I totally agree, and riding motorcycles.

/ Kubota - how big?
Re: As big as you can

because i am new to computers but not new to tractors, i will jump in. I have always gone with the most H.P. i could get.If you only need it once you will be glad you have it! I can remember useing a 165 H.P. tractor to plow in sandy bottom ground, pulling 6 bottom plow about 8" deep in 5th gear, the next field over i went down to 3rd gear about 4" deep, i was glad i had the extra power. I have retired from farming and only have 60 acres to take care of. I will be mowing 3 to 5 acres of flat pasture,using a post hole digger and a loader in lite use(i have a bobcat and 50 H.P.for the big jobs)I am looking at the 2710 with a rear mower. Any advice?

/ Kubota - how big? #14  

Hello.
How do you like your retirement so far?
If your talking about about B2710 and I believe the HP around 27 I'm sure that will be enough.
My friend has almost the same area of land in which he putters on and is very happy with his B2710.
I will say this,my dad has a Case IH 8920 and after useing that monster than jumping on my "B" for a day of work one misses the comfort and horse power...but not the $$$$ to keep it going which I'm sure you know.
Do you plan on purchasing a front loader also?
Check out Carver.com the have pretty good section also prices.
May your retirement be a pleasant one.
Take Care.

/ Kubota - how big? #15  

I just have 10 acres of my own, a B2710, front end loader, 5' brush hog, a 5' rear discharge finish mower, tiller, and single bottom plows, 140 hours on it, and love it.

Bird

/ Kubota - how big? #16  
While you could justify your need for one of these larger tractors you may be able to get by with something smaller. I bought a B2150 for $7,500 and while I could use more power somethimes, I can still do the grading I need, it just takes me a little (well sometimes a lot) longer. And, heck, ..I have a tractor, and it sure beats a wheelbarrow!