Kubota hi-beam vs DeWalt

/ Kubota hi-beam vs DeWalt #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
Last nite, I was putting my B8200 in the shed. I had my DeWalt 18V cordless light with me for the walk back to the house. I turned on the hi-beams, and just for giggles the DeWalt. The single bulb DeWalt easily out-shone the daul hi-beams on the tractor.

It had not dawned on me until then how dim the lights on the Kubota are. I can only imagine how hard it is to see while plowing snow in the dark! I knew the lights were not really bright, but...

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Kubota hi-beam vs DeWalt #2  
RobertN,

If you're lucky, your neighbor will have a New Holland tractor and plow the same time that you do! His lights should not only light his way, but yours too! I've mowed at night with the Mighty TC18 and had plenty of light, just added a rear flood light to help with plowing snow with the rear blade this winter.

JimBinMI

6-19648-jimbinminh.gif

/ Kubota hi-beam vs DeWalt #3  
Robert,
I replaced my lights with 55w driving lights that I got from a close out store for $12.00. They fit in the old light's openings. Makes a big difference, can see when plowing snow. Looks like we will be getting some this week, about 60 miles west of here they got 24" on the ground. I'm in no hurry, it will be here all winter.

Von

/ Kubota hi-beam vs DeWalt #4  
Just put some overhead worklights on which will work much better than the headlights since they dont contradict with the bucket.

The Ben from MA /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif