Kubota Hauler

/ Kubota Hauler #11  
RobertN, on those occassions, you simply have to tell yourself its an Camptrailer/ATV trailer! That way you can haul the 4 wheelers or motorcycle(s) along!

/ Kubota Hauler #12  
Bird,
I guessed what you guessed to /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I had a 11.5' 1973 super heavy compared to what is made now camper(wow!). I hauled it up through the Western States and Canada summer before last. I HATE to be under trucked, but I definitely was with that big old camper on my F250. I sure do see a lot of them on 3/4 tons though.

I sold that camper, and got a newer 9.5'. It's lighter in general. It is also made lighter, just by newer material types. It hauls so much nicer. Part of it is there is less "pivoting way out off the back of the truck.

I'm hoping for something mid next year, cross my fingers /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif My long range goal is a F250 or 2500 series Dodge Turbo Diesel, to haul the camper and two horse trailer. That's still a bit for a 3/4-ton, but doable I believe.

I'm estimating 2000 lbs for Miley two horse trailer, two 1200lb horses. The camper rates out at about 2500 loaded. That's a approximate 6900lbs. i thinks it's plausible, but kinda pushing the outer edge...

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Kubota Hauler #13  
I did think of that. But, since my Dad borrowed the horse trailer to haul some goats, my poor Molly resists going into the trailer(she usually just walks right in). From now on, only horses in the horse trailer/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif; No more odd odors for Molly to deal with /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif...

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Kubota Hauler #14  
Don't know how strong a food drive your horse has but we had good luck with grain in leading our horse on to the trailer and then feeding on the trailer every day for a while. Got him real accustomed to the trailer and worked really well. The food drive just may overcome the "smell" drive!

/ Kubota Hauler #15  
Yep, RobertN, it can be done with a 3/4 ton, but you'd sure be more comfortable with a dually, not to mention a little safer. Heck though, anyone who would ride a Harley can't be too concerned about safety./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird