Kubota front drive shaft oil seals

/ Kubota front drive shaft oil seals
Like Hay Dude, I service my own. Seal and bearing replacement isn't a difficult job at all. The one thing I cannot emphasise more is, the sealing surface on the radial seal (Kubota refers to it as the ' hermetically sealed outboard is, it must be clean and corrosion free in the seal seating area as well as between the upper and lower contact area. If it's not squeaky clean when it's reassembled, chance are, it will leak. The seal depends on clean and unfettered contact.

The other thing to take note of is.. If there is any perceptible vertical movement in the outboard ( lift the wheel and axle off the ground and grasp the wheel at the top and bottom and physically attempt to move it), if there is movement, that means the bushings or the kingpin is worn and must be replaced. Once there is vertical movement, your seal's life is very finite. Not a difficult job either and I've replaced a couple bushing sets. It's usually the bushings that wear, not upper or lower kingpin. All it takes is a suitable bushing driver and a replacement set of bushings.

Horizontal movement in the wheel indicates worn tie rod ends or radial joint wear but usually the Kubota non greaseable tie rod ends are worn. I've replaced a few of them as well but I use aftermarket ends that ARE greaseable.
Read my post below dude

I have an L3940 Kubota front oil seals seem to be an item that several have had leaking, I did not have the time or the ability to change them myself due to age and an accident. Well I did haul it to the dealer they changed them last summer and now one is leaking quit a bit, i watched several videos and a couple had roughness or rust where the seal rides, I am thinking maybe they did not clean it up or something got stuck up in there? This tractor does not get abused at all, I use it but do not abuse it. And only have one side that leaks so Monday when i call to see when i can get it in to tell them to fix the one leaking and leave the one that is not leaking alone. My question to you guys is my thinking shouldn't these last for quite a while? or is it a design problem? To add a note i replace the utd fluid shortly after i had a leak to 80 90w Also design problem others mentioned is correct, they should use timken roller bearings in an area like this.

What lubricant do you have in the outboards?
80 90 w changed it the first time i had a leak with utd fluid way to thin

/ Kubota front drive shaft oil seals #15  
I changed mine the day my M9 was delivered actually. If you look in your owner's manual Kubota states either or. I'm of the or crowd. Bought my other M9 used and it was already addressed but I changed it anyway as part of everything else changed.

I have to say I've never had a weeping radial seal yet.

/ Kubota front drive shaft oil seals #17  
80 90 w changed it the first time i had a leak with utd fluid way to thin
Yep, the UDT fluid goes through those seals like water if there’s even a slight seep.