Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #591  
I’m a diesel fan, but I bet their 38HP Altoz gas is stronger than you think.

The videos look really impressive.

I bet that engine is T4 final and ECM controlled as well. Way beyond my scope and budget for a lawn mower. Without looking at them, I wonder who's engine they use?

/ Kubota F series #592  
They use Kawasaki 2-cylinder gasoline engines.

Attachments

• 2023-trx-models-specs.pdf
    78.4 KB · Views: 17
   / Kubota F series #593  
just looked myself and you are 100% correct, NO DIESEL option. Kawasaki V twin gasser is the only motor.

I had one in the Cub Tank I traded in and it was a gas guzzler and one of the reasons I went to the Kubota diesel. The other issue was engine life. The Kawasaki will be shot long before the Kubota diesel even gets broken in. And the Altoz is far from a cheap date as well. I always thought Altoz were breath mints...lol

/ Kubota F series #594  
Well I went and ordered two belts for the RC72-F20 deck on the old F2000 last night used it a bit yesterday and the drive belt for the deck is looking pretty poor.

/ Kubota F series #595  
Give Coleman's a shot in Kansas City. Just ordered a spare set of anti-scalp rollers and a spare set of blades from them and the total was 121 bucks total plus shipping and everything is in stock. 3 rollers, one wide and 2 smaller. The axles are what is expensive, not the rollers. I can make them in the shop.

/ Kubota F series #596  
Least the Altoz uses Hydro Gear pumps. I'll give them that. Engine wise not much. Looked at the retail prices and they are right up there with the Kubota F series but with oars and mid mount deck which is not what I want anyway. Went with the F series for the front mount deck and driveshaft power. I need to get under the many pines we have.

/ Kubota F series #597  
They use Kawasaki 2-cylinder gasoline engines.
Their biggest model has a dual range transmission.

If they ever spec one with a 25HP diesel, it might make a helluva steep slope mower.

I doubt they will with diesels disappearing in favor of suitcase sized battery packs.

/ Kubota F series #598  
Been my personal experience with the M60 Tank and it's mid mount deck that any mid mounted mower will be a rough rider. Least my F Series came with an air ride seat base, which I'm sure the previous owner (Monroe County Fair Board) added. It has just 1800 meter hours on it which in my humble opinion isn't that much for a Kubota diesel, heck my one M9 has over 6000 meter hours on it and other than routine upkeep and a couple valve adjustments, it's been issue free. So is my other M9 but with only 4500 meter hours on it. Far as I'm concerned, Kubota engines are basically bullet proof so long as you maintain them.

I was getting concerned with the 27 horse Kawasaki I traded in. I've read many stories on the net about them lasting maybe 2000 meter hours without a major rebuild and the one I had was positively a gas guzzler. Die cast aluminum blocks and plain bearings just don't last like a cast iron block and real insert or ball bearings do. Yesterday I pulled the valve cover off for a look see and the overhead was clean and pristine which tells me they maintained it. Sure is a tiny motor though. About the size of a big lunch box. Got the shakes out of it. Increased the base idle a bit until it smoothed out. Next thing on the agenda is drain the antifreeze, flush the system and refill it.

The 'bonnet' has a couple cracks in it, I presume from the shaking but this winter I'll take it off and braze up the cracks and repaint it. Better than spending a grand for a new one.

/ Kubota F series #599  
Their biggest model has a dual range transmission.

If they ever spec one with a 25HP diesel, it might make a helluva steep slope mower.

I doubt they will with diesels disappearing in favor of suitcase sized battery packs.
Far as I'm concerned they can shove the battery powered stuff where the sun don't shine. One thing I'd be concerned about with the Kawasaki on a steep slope is the centrally mounted oil pick up tube. You starve that motor for oil with it's plain bearings, it's done. Like I said previously, they have Hydro Gear individual hydrostat transmissions and HG is the best you can get plus they are easy to service. I ran the balls out of the ones in the M60 Tank and they never failed, just changed the oil every year and spun on new filters. They do whine louder than the Kubota hydrostat however. Keep in mind that like the engines, the HG hydrostats are pressure die cast pot metal. I do believe the Kubota hydrostat is not but not sure.

/ Kubota F series #600  
Well I went and ordered two belts for the RC72-F20 deck on the old F2000 last night used it a bit yesterday and the drive belt for the deck is looking pretty poor.
You are doing the right thing maintaining and fixing.. Those older Kubota F’s run a long time. Still see many of them used on farms for rough area mowing today.
Newer ones are ridiculously expensive.