Kubota engines

/ Kubota engines #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
I always thought that Kubota built their own engines. I was at the "barn" today and we were all talking tractors of which I am a minority owner and one of the Deere guys told me that Kubota dosen't build their own engines. I countered that smaller Deeres were Yanmar and that NH wasn't NH but some other engine even though I don't know which. I was surprised that Kubota didn't build their own engines. I kinda told him he was full of poop. Is he?

/ Kubota engines #2  
Its my understanding that Kubota is the only one who does make there own engines for their tractors.

/ Kubota engines #3  
Kubota is probably the only manufacturer who builds all the major components of its tractor (engine, transmission, differential) I have been to one of their plants outside of Tokyo and have seen with my own eyes the assembly line from start to completion. When you are running ahead of the pack someone will always be shooting at you!

/ Kubota engines #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the only manufacturer who builds all the major components of its tractor (engine, transmission, differential))</font>

Kioti/Daedong does, as well.
NH engines are built by Shibaura.
Kubota's engines are, in fact, put in OTHER brands, besides Kubota (TYM/Scorpion for one.) Every one I have seen has a plate that says "Kubota." Yes, I smell "poo". /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Mark

/ Kubota engines #5  
Kubota's website talks about this very fact somewhere. They seem most proud that they engineer many of their tractors parts including and especially the engines both gas and diesel. It was in the website explaining about all the countries of the world they are in and about 150,000 employees worldwide. Bobcat uses Kubotas diesel in many of their products. Did I mention how smooth and quiet my L3830 HST is? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Rat...

Better yet, check out this Kubota Engine Division

/ Kubota engines #6  
Well, the D905 in by BX2200 is a commercial Kubota generator engine...yup, they make their own engines.

/ Kubota engines #8  
I think it would be safer to say Kubota engineers their own engines. I don't know of any company that produces everything in their own engines...rearends...trannys...

/ Kubota engines #9  
No, actually Kubota Corporation does build their own engines and esentially 100% of the unit. Unless something has changed in the last period of time. I don't think the wheels are made by Kubota and I know the tires are not and there could be other bits and pieces but the drive train and all that is included in that is made by Kubota including the chassis etc. Kubota is a fairly large industrial conglomerate and has the resources to build in house. Aside from perhaps Kioti no other tractor company builds their tractors, they farmout pieces including engines all over. I know nothing about the very large JD and MF stuff so I am only talking about CUTs.
Yep, they are full of poo. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif, where would they have gotten such an idea. I sense jeoulosy and an attempt to rationalize. J

/ Kubota engines #10  
BillyD, do not take my previous post personal, I was not responding to you--this response is to you--you are incorrect--it is Safe to say that Kubota, unlike JohnDeere, does in fact build their own engines, drivetrains and the majority of the unit which has long been one of their claims to fame and a selling point and given the low problem history of Kubota tractors the "in house" control of quality must be paying off. I am confident that JD specs a good tractor and I am equally confident Kubota BUILDS a good tractor. Oh, I am looking at the plate on my engine right here--yep made in Japan by Kubota. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
My patriotism is not defined by the appliances I purchase and use but by the ideals I hold true to. J