Kubota Dealer % Discount vs Rebates

/ Kubota Dealer % Discount vs Rebates #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
I have seen a number of posts that have covered the age-old question of how much you can expect to negotiate off from the MSRP on a new Kubota, which have been helpful. Seems like anywhere between 10-15% is considered a fair to good deal. Geographic location also seems to play a part in the equation as we in the Northeast unfortunately seem to experience higher prices on tractors.:mad:

My question relates to if any of the Kubota cash back rebates when offered were factored into the 10-15% discount people have referenced when they purchased their tractor new. My point being that if the dealer takes the Kubota cash rebates off the bottom line, they are not really absorbing that loss in their profit over their invoice (unknown figure). Unlike cars where you can usually obtain the invoice amount whereas with tractors, I am unaware as to how one would be able to determine what the dealer actually paid for a particular tractor.

To show a sample scenario: Kubota is currently offering a number of different cash incentives. A tractor lists for $30,000 and a dealer offers a sales price of $26,000 which would be 13.3% off of list...sounds pretty good so far.:thumbsup: However, the $4,000 price reduction includes $2,000 in Kubota cash rebates that the dealer will now receive. Hence the dealer is only taking $2,000 off of the list price which would only be 6.6%.:confused:

So should one just be happy with a 10-15% discount that includes the rebates, or should one negotiate towards a 10-15% discount plus any Kubota cash rebates? Any examples/experiences that folks have would be helpful. Thanks!

/ Kubota Dealer % Discount vs Rebates #2  
When I have gotten about 12-15% discounts on the two Kubotas I bought, it included the rebates. But they were only in the $700-1000 range. Dealer was upfront about that, and the discount would have been $700-1000 smaller if financing was used. Typically, Kubota offers the rebate -or- finance deal, but not both.

/ Kubota Dealer % Discount vs Rebates #3  
Right now, it depends on the model you are looking at and any implements being purchased. Some of the kubota tractors, at least in our region have rebates available in addition to the promotional financing.. Dealer discount depends highly on the model of the tractor, and additional implements or accessories being sold or installed to the unit (shop time for install process) and how long we have had a unit on the lot.

/ Kubota Dealer % Discount vs Rebates #4  
My discount on the bx25d two weeks ago was 10%, which included kubota rebates and dealer discount.

/ Kubota Dealer % Discount vs Rebates
Thanks to those who have shared their experiences and responded so far. Hopefully others will weigh in too.

/ Kubota Dealer % Discount vs Rebates #6  
depending on the dealer you can get discounts of 8% to 15% with the rebates.on my 1st tractor in 2010 i made them knock off $2000 because i wasnt going with kubota to finance.that amount almost payed my inerest on the bank note.then in mid 2013 i traded again for 7040.i got $18000 for my tyrade.plus i bought the 7040 for $34000.the list price on it was $41,000.so i saved $7000 or about 15%.

/ Kubota Dealer % Discount vs Rebates #7  
I think 15% off is the most a dealer would do on a retail cash sale. If Kubota were to have a rebate program I would figure to add the rebate on top of the 15% and combine them. Remember, the dealer needs to make a living and to try to beat a guy too bad is not a good business practice, much the way paying retail is not a good call either. Even 12%, with any rebates added on top of the 12% is fine.

Now, if you were buying a whole bunch of Kubotas and did it on a cash, hassle free bid I'll bet you could get someone to go for 20% off.

Just my personal opinion

/ Kubota Dealer % Discount vs Rebates #8  
My last 2 Kubota purchases did not have rebates involved. I got a little over 10% off and used the 48 month 0% financing. This was from a local dealer that am satisfied with here in the Northeast, where it appears that the 15-20% off deals don't happen.

I offered to pay cash and not finance if I could have gotten a bigger discount both times- the dealer said it did not mater how I paid, their price was the same.

Will

/ Kubota Dealer % Discount vs Rebates #9  
with the variety of programs, invoice prices, etc. you can't come up with some formula. The best bet is to check with 2-3 local dealers and go with the best offer.

/ Kubota Dealer % Discount vs Rebates #10  
Some of these rebates are split so you have to find out. eg $3,000 rebate from Kubota, once you dig it comes out that $1,000 is from Kubota $1,000 from Kubota Financial and $1,000 is from the Dealer. So in reality the dealer is already giving you $1K. You have to do this math for a fair calculation